Newbie here

Options
bp716
bp716 Posts: 68 Member
Just joined MFP, and looking for beginner DVD's for at home excersize. I am 55, very out of shape and looking to lose 70 ish lbs. TIA Barb

Replies

• bumpusburn
    bumpusburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has a good beginner series called 10-minute trainer that I have seen get good reviews, it is an entire program with eating guides etc. that might be one place to look. Also, I am a big fan of Bob Harper DVD's some of them are very hard and some are not all that bad for a beginner. There is a biggest loser walking DVD that is supposed to be good (I have not tried it) Bob has a beginner weight loss workout as well.

Hope that helps.
  • TheTallMan
    TheTallMan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for Beachbody. As far as eating/exercise, everything counts, so count it! Make sure you're keeping track of every single snack you eat, you'll be surprised how much it all adds up. Be sure to also include your workouts, from walking to the store to lifting (or whatever you have planned). Everything counts. You'll do great, 70 pounds is totally possible!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at a couple of the youtube videos, one is a power walking (inside) and one is a beginning weight training one. I purchased the Jane Fonda - Fit, Tone & Flex, HATED IT!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds.
  • jamie_maine
    Options
    You should start with something on the low intensity side. My mother-in-law really likes Leslie Sansone's walking videos, it's something to get you started moving. I did one with her, and I DID break a sweat even though I'm a runner. I think you can get them on Net Flix to try them out before buying. The last thing you want to do is spend alot of money on something like Insanity or P90X, way too hard. Good Luck.
  • alicat0112
    alicat0112 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just love her she's so happy all the time. I like that she makes me feel like I'm there with her.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Beachbody all the way!!!!
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inexpensive and reasonable ideas- looking forward to making this work!!! and NetFlix is a Great idea!