changing anorexia to bulimia?

Options
hello guys :flowerforyou:
i am trying to recover from anorexia since february now. i had relapsed on and off,but since i came back from the hospital,everything seemed fine. i came from 40kg to 45kg and well,now dropped to 42kg at 165cm. i could eat no problem for the last few weeks,but now everything went upside down. i just cant go eating normal food without purging it up. today i just curled up in my bed to avoid food but then at 6pm my mom came home and made me rice, i was so hungry i ate 2 bowls and i felt so sad just started crying and purged everything up.i cannot believe i am turning bulimic... how can i help myself not to purge food? thankyou. :heart:

Replies

• Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump :'(
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to call your doctor and check into the hospital again.....good for you for admitting that you are sick and trying to make yourself healthy
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to call your doctor and check into the hospital again.....good for you for admitting that you are sick and trying to make yourself healthy

Exactly that. You need to call your doctor and get help. Good luck!
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options

i am visiting a nutritionist tommorow,but she's really mean.
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well...then I'd suggest finding a new one...you need supportive people around you! Are there others in your area you could try?
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree, we can be supportive but not many people on here are trained or have the skills to help you. Find a professional you can relate to and get a support system in place. All the best in beating this thing!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Aw, hun, I don't have any practical advice but big (((hugs))) for what you're going through. I know it must be so difficult. It's wonderful that you are working to try and be healthy. You said you're seeing a nutritionist tomorrow - but do you see any other dr's, like psychiatrists or psychologists or whichever is the correct one - to help deal with the issues that actual cause the behavior? I mean, it seems like a nutritionist (especially a mean one) is just going to fuss at you about your food not adding up like they want it to, but that's not going to help you deal with the actual issue. I'd seek out someone who has experience dealing with eating disorders and does more than just order you to eat food. I would think you need someone who will work with you to work through the problems rather than just telling you what you're doing 'wrong'. I just don't think a nutritionist has the training to deal with what is essentially a mental/emotional disorder? I hope that doesn't sound negative, I'm trying to be realistic. A nutritionist can help with nutrition but it won't get at the root of your problem. Maybe there might even be something like a support group in your area where people could share their stories and what or who helped them work on recovery.

Best of luck to you and I hope that you find someone who can really help you to work things out. But be proud of yourself for being able to see that it is a problem and try to make things better.

Also, just did a search, if you didn't already know, there are some groups here on MFP for people to support each other in recovery - maybe one or more of them might be helpful to you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?phrase=anorexia