Battling Cancer and trying to lose

Options
Hi Folks,

I stumbled upon this site yesterday and let me tell you how thrilled I am so far. I have recently started a metabolic diet and this is the perfect tool to help me keep track of my food consumption. I absolutely love that I can add the nutritional values of the specialized foods that I have purchased. I spent an hour yesterday entering all the information and I can now very easily complete my daily food diary.

My husband, who has diabetis, was more than impressed with the print outs I showed him and has also joined the site to track his calorie and sugar intake. My Doctor will be quite impressed when I present him such a detailed food diary.

I would especially like to hear from someone else on a metabolic diet and maybe get some recipe ideas. I have very little imagination in the kitchen and would like to prepare more flavorful meals. I am battling lung cancer and the only exercise I can do is a short walk in the mall. It will be nice to communicate with you and have a BUDDY while I lose the weight. Good luck to you all.

Thanks FitnessPal.

Replies

• Wyatt
    Wyatt Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I stumbled upon this site yesterday and let me tell you how thrilled I am so far. I have recently started a metabolic diet and this is the perfect tool to help me keep track of my food consumption. I absolutely love that I can add the nutritional values of the specialized foods that I have purchased. I spent an hour yesterday entering all the information and I can now very easily complete my daily food diary.

My husband, who has diabetis, was more than impressed with the print outs I showed him and has also joined the site to track his calorie and sugar intake. My Doctor will be quite impressed when I present him such a detailed food diary.

I would especially like to hear from someone else on a metabolic diet and maybe get some recipe ideas. I have very little imagination in the kitchen and would like to prepare more flavorful meals. I am battling lung cancer and the only exercise I can do is a short walk in the mall. It will be nice to communicate with you and have a BUDDY while I lose the weight. Good luck to you all.

Thanks FitnessPal.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to MFP!

This site has incredible support and great info so I hope you find what you're looking for.

Good luck! =)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Wyatt, welcome to the best site I've found so far. I see you like the toronto maple leafs, does that mean you live in Canada? I live in Vermont about half way down the state so maybe that makes us neighbors. What is a metabolic diet? My mom had lung cancer too. She's doing well I hope you do too. Hope to hear back from you.