weight loss plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got stuck a while back, and I did several things at once so I am not sure what worked, or if my body was just ready to move again. But I did a calorie spike weekend (nothing extreme, just an extra 500-700 for a day or 2), tried to relax and not stress about it, changed my workouts a little--added in more pilates to my 45 mins cardio and some strength, and also did the Jillian Michaels 14 day cleanse and detox. within a few days I was on the move again.

I seem to notice that my body drops weight in spurts, I will lose nothing for a week or 10 days sometimes, then suddenly lose 4-5 lbs in a week. Probably water retention for part, but also I think it has to do with building muscle and my body adapting.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Try keeping everything the same except cut your carbs. Worked for me when I got stuck. I halved my already pathetically small amount and am back to losing again.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know ..............what if you DON'T do anything different? What if you still eat under goal most days, you still exercise as much as you've been doing.............WILL the plateau eventually break?

I've been on one for a couple of months. I did the upping the calorie thing, I lowered the calories, I tried to exercise a bit more....nothing has seemed to help.

So, I am deciding to just keep moving forward, EVENTUALLY this has to break, right?

Maybe, maybe not. Homeostasis would be the reason.

Personally, I think that f what you're doing isn't working, do something different. Increase your intake, try IF, workout less, workout more, change the sort of exercise you do, etc.