Suggestion for breakfast please

Options
Looking for suggestion for Lowish calories breakfasts.

I work on a Saturday and Sunday so I'm only able to eat at 8.30 , 1pm and 6pm. It seems that no matter what I eat i start to feel dizzy about 11.30. I tend to eat, scambbled eggs with 2 slices of hovis nibble bread and a banana with a cup of tea. I try to eat more but start feeling slightly sick from eating that.

Any suggestion would be great. I also aim to drink over 8 glasses of water a day and always have a bottle of water with me when I'm at work.

Thanks

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ive been doing joseph's whole wheat and flax lavash and thin n trim santa fe turkey with dijon every morning, and i LOVE it!
    check my diary for nutritionals. :D
  • omegamaster4040
    Options
    I think your breakfast is probably fine as is. I would see if you can sneak a quick snack at work between breakfast and lunch. Just a small healthy snack could go a long way. If you think about it you havent eaten for 10 or more hours prior to breakfast and then 1pm when you have your second meal what you had for breakfast is all the fuel your body has for around 16 hours. That is a long time with just a little bit of food, I bet your blood sugar is getting just a little bit low.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with your bread. Is it whole grain with lots of fiber? Whole grain has more protien & fiber than "white" bread. If your bread is fine ..... maybe add a smear of nut butter ... some healthy fat.
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with your bread. Is it whole grain with lots of fiber? Whole grain has more protien & fiber than "white" bread. If your bread is fine ..... maybe add a smear of nut butter ... some healthy fat.

Its a wholegrain one, has about 50 less calories per slice than normal white or wholegrain bread. I usually have Flora butter on each slice.
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think your breakfast is probably fine as is. I would see if you can sneak a quick snack at work between breakfast and lunch. Just a small healthy snack could go a long way. If you think about it you havent eaten for 10 or more hours prior to breakfast and then 1pm when you have your second meal what you had for breakfast is all the fuel your body has for around 16 hours. That is a long time with just a little bit of food, I bet your blood sugar is getting just a little bit low.

I might try having a snack just before I go to bed, Been reading in another topic thats what I should be doing. I would try and get a healthy snack in but I work in a supermarket on the checkouts and its really hard to get off to go to the bathroom on the days I work aswell. but will try to attempt it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice
  • danapouncey
    danapouncey Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't think you should try eating more, it sounds like a good breakfast. Just try and sneak in a mid morning fruit