still a spike day if you work it off?

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I get that a spike day is when you eat more than usually do, my usual diet is either non-wheat cereal or piece of fruit, lunch is small bowl of salad or occasionally something like cheese on toast or toast with egg mayo on. Dinner is salad or vegetables with portion of white meat or fish, sometimes I include a carb like potato or rice.

Today we went to Pizza Hut, I chose the low cal pizza slice (500) but had pudding at 550 cals so I thought it can be a spike day but by early evening I was worried it would put me too far over so didn't have dinner, I went on (motorised) exercise bike instead until I had burnt off 1050 cals.... was it still a spike day as had over 1,000 cals in one meal, or is that when you eat loads more but don't exercise it off?

Replies

• DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    Isn't really a spike day if you burned it off. Look at your net calories. I actually lost more weight when I went to a few spike days a week(calorie zig zag or cycling).
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    so when you have your spike days don't you exercise at all that day? or only burn half of them off?