Lunch box ideas

Options
Hi any help would be much appreciated.

At work I have half an hour for my lunch, so I usually like to take a packed lunch

Have you any ideas of what I could take? I'm getting tired of having the same old thing.

Just to add, we have use of a toaster, microwave and kettle at work, and I'm limited to 1200 calories a day.

Thanks in advance! X

Replies

• kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    i usually just take a salad lettuce tomato cucumber celery and then throw a little grilled chicken in nice and healthy and don't forget to bring your water!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    soup, salad, sandwiches... I usually cook enough at dinner to take for lunch the next day.
  • Bobjeannie
    Bobjeannie Posts: 2
    Options
    I make enough of my dinner meal that I can bring left overs for lunch. Also, I have found I can pack a container of frozen vegetables the night before, keep them in the freezer till morning, then pack them in my lunch bag and they are still mostly frozen by the time I fix my lunch. This helps me fill up and get in veggies.

I work 12 hour shifts so I bring additional mid morning or afternoon snacks such as:
    - Plain Greek Yogurt with frozen berries (which thaw by the time I eat the mix) with Splenda to desired sweetness. Sometimes I bring 1/2 cup of a Kashi cereal to mix in.
    - 1 oz raw almonds
    - Adkins snack bar
    - 1 slice bread cut in half with 1 Tbl peanut butter or almond butter