Lets All Share Time Frames!!!! :)

Options
tyoung8
tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
Hello!

I am very interested in knowing how long it took everyone to drop their weight! My goal is to lose 35 Lbs. Trying to go from 201 to 165!

What about everyone else?

Replies

• taicampbell1
    taicampbell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on Jan. 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 174lbs.
    Current Weight as of today: 149
    Total loss of 25lbs:)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I started almost 3 months ago. It took me 3 months to lose 35 lbs. I dont have a goal weight. I want to wait and see how i look when i get to certain numbers. I think i'd like to be a size 10.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started almost 3 months ago. It took me 3 months to lose 35 lbs. I dont have a goal weight. I want to wait and see how i look when i get to certain numbers. I think i'd like to be a size 10.
    35 pounds in 3 months is awesome!! You mind sharing your diet plan and exercise regimen?
  • estrellamagica
    Options
    I started last July with 146 pounds and only just now (10 months after) I have got to 140 pounds. That is working out at least 3 times a week and following religiously a 1.200 calorie diet plan....and I mean, I have been pretty good, but still lost only 6 pounds.
    I am still trying! but I wouldnt mind to know how you have all lost so much weight.
    Estrella
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm the slowest loser you will ever meet.... but I've been successful!

Starting weight was 252 in April of 2004 (I'm 5'2)
    Got my 100 pound goal in April of 2010 (yep, 6 years!)
    Got to my goal weight of 137 in August of 2010... so 6 years and 4 months to lose my weight.

But I've managed to keep the weight off (for the most part... had a slight gain after hit maintenance because I was busy "enjoying being at my goal weight"). So almost 2 years at my goal weight. Yes, I took a long time to get the weight off, but I think that has helped me to keep it off. :drinker:
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I started March 30, 2012 and so far have lost 8.4lbs (in 6.5 wks). I'm trying to lose 30 by September...I may make it, but what I really care about is the way my body looks (ie toning, belly flatness, etc). So that's my timeframe! I didn't have a lot to lose so I'm losing it slower than bigger people might.
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I started at 224 in January 2011
    My current weight is 144
    My goal weight is 115
    I've lost 80 overall. I lose about five pounds a month average
  • NanoBear
    NanoBear Posts: 67
    Options
    Started November 28th 2011 at 145 kg (319pounds)
    Now I'm at 104.9 kg (231 pounds), so 88 pounds lost in 5 months and 3 weeks. So far.
    Looking to get to to about 210 pounds at the moment, and I'll reassess from there.

For the first couple of months, I was losing upwards of 5 pounds a week. Drastic, but not overly alarming considering I went from over 10,000 cal per day to 2,500 (at the time) and from no exercise at all to working out 6 days a week.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    35 pounds in 3 months is awesome!! You mind sharing your diet plan and exercise regimen?

Thank you! I eat 1300-1400 a day, no soda or junk food at all. And walk about an hr a day 4x a week. That's it. No other workouts except I'll try to run a couple of minutes. I think a huge thing that helped was cutting out my soda. I was addicted to Pepsi and drank 40 oz a day. That was 1000 calories a day right there. I changed that all to water. If I didn't have something so drastic to cut out it wouldn't have happened so quick. I fully expect the loss to slow down soon.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started MFP a while ago but, I have only been really carefult for the last 6-8 weeks aro so and I am down 7 pounds.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 3, 2011 at 332.4. I am now at 238.4 so 94 pounds lost in 16 months.
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started January 2011 at 190. Today I weigh 145.5 and still want to lose about 5 more pounds. I firmly believe that slow and steady is the best way for lasting results.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Of course you know it it varies...but To get to goal I went from Nov 2010(202pds) to Jan 2012 of reaching goal of 148... I say patience, trial and error, and prayer....It all plays key...Find what works for you....and stick with it...
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I weighed 266 May 2011. Today I weigh 158. My goal is 145 by -- whenever it happens. ;)
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Of course you know it it varies...but To get to goal I went from Nov 2010(202pds) to Jan 2012 of reaching goal of 148... I say patience, trial and error, and prayer....It all plays key...Find what works for you....and stick with it...
    I totally agree with this!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's taken me 5 months to get to 25 pounds which was longer than i'd thought it would take. part of the reason it's been slower for me is because my main exercise routine involves heavy lifting and i cant really eat too far below my maintenance level or i risk taking too long to recover from the workouts.

i hope to lose the next 25 pounds by the end of the summer. i can decrease my calories a little more since i wont be heavy lifting as often since my main workout is going to involve martial arts (krav maga and capoeira) for the summer. in general i'm unwilling to drop my calories below 1500. i'd be more willing to workout several hours a day than do that, but that's just because i love exercise and i love food

after that i'm hoping the last 30 pounds will be off by the end of the year..

so i guess to answer the question, right now i'm thinking it's going to take about a year to lose 80 pounds
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started on April 25th and I've lost 8.4 pounds in 3 weeks 2 days. I started off eating 1230 calories a day and eating back my exercise calories, now I eat 1600 to 1800 calories a day and walk 1 hour 5 days a week. No weight lifting yet.

Starting weight 213.4
    Now 205
    Goal 155
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started January 1, 2012 at 163 lbs....Changed my eating habits...became a vegetarian!! I have slowly lost 17 lbs (CW 146 lbs.). I started working out...hiking cross country, strength training, treadclimber, walking, a bit of jogging (not my favorite), hiking mountains, treadmill and soon going to start biking...only about 1 1/2 months ago. MFP has helped tremendously keeping me on track with my eating...I originally was tracking it just to make sure I was getting enough protein due to the vegetarian diet!! Good luck to all of you on your journey to a healthier life! :smile:
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started January 7th of this year weighing in at 242 lbs, I weighed 175lbs this morning... 5 lbs away from my goal weight.

****Good Luck to everyone who is pushing day in and day out to lose this weight... each day we are getting closer!!! Keep up the good work! REMEMBER: don't compete with others, compete with yourself!!! It's not a race, its a journey - a VERY rewarding one. :smile:
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    All of you guys have done soooooo great! Im hoping for the same success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!