Must Resist!!

Options
jenniet04
jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
Why is that people believe the workplace is the best place to bring in all the crappy food/treats to share with everyone?!? There is always some kind of junk food right by my desk that I have to walk by - right now, chocolate cupcakes with oreo frosting and a mini oreo on top. There is also always something in the candy dispenser - M&Ms, skittles, reeses pieces, etc.

Replies

• tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    I resist those temptations because I tell myself that the kitchen those treats are made in is similar to the Febreeze commercials where the kitchen is a dumpster dive mess. Imagine that and it will make those *oh so yummy looking cupcakes* not so yummy.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Oh, and the candy dispenser, I never have loose change, or cash for that matter.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the candy dispenser, I never have loose change, or cash for that matter.

the candy dispense doesn't require money! I do resist, most times, I just don't like that I have to think about it.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I resist those temptations because I tell myself that the kitchen those treats are made in is similar to the Febreeze commercials where the kitchen is a dumpster dive mess. Imagine that and it will make those *oh so yummy looking cupcakes* not so yummy.

Buahahaha!!! Speaking of this... there is a particular person that hands out these reese's peanut butter balls every christmas... well we all know not to eat them because the guy is rumored to never wash his hands after he goes to the restroom... and I believe it because he dips his cup into the ice dispenser, even when he has been requested not to...
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Oh yea.......................I gave in to all kinds of temptation tady as you can tell by my diary.........
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Misery loves company. Just becasue eating the whole thing would make them feel really guilty at home, they figure they can eat half as much and pass off the other half of the guilt.

That said, just because you're trying to be healthy you cant expect that the world will follow suit. You have no reason to be upset unless you have declined and others continue to push the goodies. You have to be strong in your commitment to be successful. It's in no-ones interest but yours.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    How come this is bad, but when another person moans that a cheesecake spoiled their day, people placate them by saying 'oh one won't hurt for today' or 'you won't gain weight from just one'?

Are people just fishing for support to make them feel better about what they did?
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I gave into massive temptation tonight and had Ben & Jerry's Phish Food frozen yogurt. Feel crappy with a cough and cold and just gave in.
    In fact i did worse than give in... I text my son and asked him to bring me some home. I'm bad lol
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to cook and bake and am constantly making food for my coworkers. I've made some healthy eats, but it's usually fattie treats with icing and sugar and butter and chocolate. No complaints so far :D
  • KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    Back when I used to work for a large corporation, I would allow myself to have a treat in the afternoon, but only if I had taken the stairs all day. I worked on the fourth floor, there were two sets of 13 stairs between floors and I started in the underground tunnels. So if I I had walked up 10 flights of stairs in the morning, down the stairs for lunch and back up after lunch, then I could justify having something to snack on. Especially since I was doing it all in heels. Otherwise, I do like the idea of imagining the baker's kitchen being gross, that would definitely turn me away from grabbing some home-baked goody.