Can't get off the junk

Options
I am still losing, but lately I have been having a treat per day, instead of per week. I'm having a lot of trouble eating clean... really need to get back on track but I have absolutely no motivation to stop eating the junk!... Any one have any advise?

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I had totally conquered the chocolate problem but found it again and can't quit eating it everyday. Please Help
  • araines92
    araines92 Posts: 12
    Options
    I was and still could easily be a BIG junk eater. Now every time I find myself wanting to reach for a bag of chips I go get a piece of fruit (God's candy). Also, another trick I have heard is drinking water between meals to keep from snacking so much (I like to flavor mine with the Crystal Light flavor packs). I hope this helps, continue to keep up the good work and don't let the munchies get you too off track.
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to have 1 small treat/day.
    I do.
    I eat healthy and "clean" all day, then have a no sugar added fudgesicle or a 1/2 cup of light ice cream after dinner.
    As long as it fits within your calories, and you eat the majority of them in fruits, veggies, and whole grains, you should allow yourself a small splurge!
    -OB:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    No help here...I just sent my daughter to the store to get me a Big Turk bar.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Try working harder for your treats. Like I need to work out x amount for x amount of cals in treats. You may find that they aren't worth the extra effort. Also I would try to keep the treats out of the house. It's a lot easier to not crave junk if it isn't in the house.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I hope this food for thought From the FDA helps with the chocolate urges, it helped me alot. This is an exact quote from FDA standards.

Might be thinking about your coffee too! read the following!

Food Defect Action Level
    CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects
    Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation