Topics that make me want to pull out my hair

Options

Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    OMG I ate a cupcake!

I just CAN'T eat ALL of my 1200 calories

Anything asking advice on cleanses/raspberry ketones/body wraps/meth/etc to "jumpstart weight loss"
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Relationship topics. "My husband did this", "why are they acting like that", "men and women can't be friends", "let me tell you a completely one-sided story where I leave out everything that makes me the bad guy so I can justify calling my man a dirtbag or get hurt when random strangers do because I was stupid enough to consult you and not someone who actually knows me and gives two turds."

Those types of topics are exactly why I left another forum that was actually geared to help relationships and yet they were as helpful as the ones you get here. There's nothing wrong with more simple advice but when you're sharing your life story just to ask should you leave the b*stard or not then don't be surprised when half say yes, half say no, and a war erupts because of differing opinions, details you just happen to remember and share after 9 pages, and you getting insulted when people want to crucify your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/whatever.

Aaaaaand I ranted, how cute.

That aside I get annoyed with threads that try to bash anything that isn't "natural" in terms of food. The threads where people go on psycho-rants about the pharmaceutical Big Brother forcing us to believe vitamins and supplements are needed when supposedly they're not and/or they're poison, anything short of growing it yourself is toxic, etc. The internet houses the most diverse cesspool of minds.
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll take HCG for 500, Alex.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OMG I ate a cupcake!

Anything asking advice on cleanses/raspberry ketones/body wraps/meth/etc to "jumpstart weight loss"

The cleansing one drives me batty...i mean come on...lots of water, vege's, and some soap . hehehehe...or the ones asking if HCG is a good plan to follow. :explode:
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'll take HCG for 500, Alex.

I was just mentioning HCG as a hair puller. :explode:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ...because I saw it on Dr. Oz
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    My spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend etc...
    Open/Closed food diaries
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    OMG I ate a cupcake!

These ones too
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Cleansing. Good Lord, go poop.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Posts questioning the health benefits of apples (I looked at the person's diary and it included 3 fried eggs, 2 poptarts, and 2 hotpockets, and an apple-the apple was the only item which the person questioned the nutritional integrity of)-I've seen a few like this, and the threads in which people are really grasping at any way to show they've burned calories, "can I count standing up as a cashier, can I count standing on a bus, can I count sitting on a bus? No. No you may not.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't begrudge people asking questions, but certain topics make me want to rip out my hair..

numero uno on my list currently is thigh gaps
    [/quote

i probally could help them..........it involves my head

I don't think I've yet seen you post something that didn't make me laugh!

That string of double negatives leads me to what I hate: threads where people don't know the difference between lose and loose or weigh and weight AND threads yelling at said people.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    1. rant threads
    2. rant threads
    3. rant threads

oh and rant threads
    Maybe you should make a rant thread about that.

Someone else said something about this, but I don't like the "Real women look like this" threads. Someone is always getting bashed over their looks and it gets depressing. If thin women aren't real, than why are so many of us here trying to lose weight?
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Every thread not started by me is terrible.

everything_is_terrible_tshirt-p235401649164738887bh2ft_400.jpg
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Should I log [an obviously sedentary activity such as driving]?
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options

These are the threads that i struggle to bite my exceedingly sarcastic tongue so as not to seem "unsupportive"... you know... like his/her family member/coworker/ childhood friend...
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    What I was trying to say, but you did so in a much less convoluted way. Thank you.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I don't begrudge people asking questions, but certain topics make me want to rip out my hair..

numero uno on my list currently is thigh gaps
    [/quote

i probally could help them..........it involves my head

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is bad! But oh so funny!!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    What I was trying to say, but you did so in a much less convoluted way. Thank you.

As someone else said, I don't blame anyone for asking basic questions, but driving, really? :smile:

In addition, I understand that if you're far from your goal and have decided to start a program you want to do everything right, but how could you possibly think that falling short of your calorie goal every now and then is going to do major damage? Gaining the weight was the damage. It's in the past. Being committed to a program is all good. This is not an exact science.
  • bostongary
    bostongary Posts: 7
    Options
    What is MFP crush?
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    TOM threads, MFP crush, and eating back exercise calories questions