Protein powder

Options
I finally started running over the past few months, dropped lots of weight, and now need to try and bulk up. I usually run 4-7 miles 5 times per week, usually eat all of my calories for the day. While I do understand that additional muscle means added weight, I'm fine with that. All of the research that I have done suggests that after working out I should be drinking whey protein asap. BUT....there are sooooo many choices. I am overwhelmed. Can anyone give me an idea of what brand of protein has worked for them?

One more thing, I currently am running 40 minutes to 75 minutes during my exercise period. As I begin to include weight lifting, how long should I lift?

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You'll get different answers for the lifting. I go by what my trainer told me. I lift 30 min a day and cardio 30 min a day. Some people break it up to lifting one day, cardio the next. But I paid for my trainer...I'll take his advice.

I use proteins+ vegan powder. Don't ever get strawberry. I plan on sticking with chocolate. I can only take it in a smoothie. Otherwise I gag. I have never seen on here anyone who uses that protein powder. I get it at the health food store.