Anybody working with a personal trainer?

Options
Hi ~

Looking for friends who are also working with a trainer. I have been working out with a trainer off and on since feb., I have not seen alot of body change yet, here we are in May, I have just started with MFP, so just now tracking my food. Anyone welcome to send me a friend request, just put a note in. :smile:

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am working out with a trainer. I started last week. Been to two sessions so far. Next one is tuesday. I hope to loose some weight. Do you have a women or a man trainer?
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer since mid November, as well as hitting the gym on my own, plus Insanity at home. Feel free to add me.
  • Lauraeb32
    Lauraeb32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started out with a guy, but our personalities clashed, and he was rude. So April, I was going to quit, but then talked to the Manager, and he comped me some visits, and put me with a girl. She pushes me but is nice. I hate her in a good way :tongue:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Yeah I hear you. lol. I prefer a women because guys are different when it comes working out. Yes I notice they can be jerks. But I am sure there are some that are nice.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Worked with two different trainers at a private studio - lost most of my weight with them. Recently been working with a trainer at the gym, and he has really taken me forward even more. Love all three of them! But there are several at my gym I wouldn't even consider working with. So you have to take the time to do some research, interview and evey try out a few, to find the right person for you.
  • writerdude
    writerdude Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer for two years. when I combine training with eating right, the results seem to double.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no trainer yet, i'm still scoping them out at my gym. most seem to be borderline whack and somewhat lazy in terms of pushing their clients. some are also a bit too chatty. i don't want to pay someone to spend the majority of time not working hard because we're talking about my weekend or some movie.

there's a few trainers who have apparently been scoping out my workouts and want the chance to train the girl who "kills it everyday" (apparently that's my nickname at the gym now :bigsmile: )

i tend to prefer the jerky trainers. i dont mind a little "just shut your cake hole and do it" :laugh:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i'm not working with one but am in training to be one. hope i qualify. anyone feel free to add me :heart:
  • Lauraeb32
    Options
    Worked with two different trainers at a private studio - lost most of my weight with them. Recently been working with a trainer at the gym, and he has really taken me forward even more. Love all three of them! But there are several at my gym I wouldn't even consider working with. So you have to take the time to do some research, interview and evey try out a few, to find the right person for you.

Yes, I did 2 months with the guy, he always add me feel like I was not doing what he explained in a session, but interestingly enough he no longer works there. I am very pleased with my current trainer, after a month of working with her consistently did an evaluation, and my numbers, not just weight, was not different. I was down 1% body fat. But walked away from that pretty frustrated.
    So I am now on my way with tracking everything I eat or drink. And drink nothing but water. Hoping for better results!
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer since January. He pushes me and I have seen numerical results (I see myself everyday, so I haven't really noticed a difference). My form has improved on a lot of exercises and my weights have increased. I'm really glad I'm investing in this :)
  • ctram58
    ctram58 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started with a trainer this week. I also just started with MFP this week. Add me if you like.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have had trainers since march of 2011 -- Started out with a kickboxing program 2 times a week with one other lady and the trainer, and then added another pt for 2 more days a week -- had them 4 days a week for 6 months. then cut down to 3 days a week with one trainer, then 2 -- and now I'm down to twice a month with my trainer - and THAT is ending at the end of June!! He tells me I know pretty much everything he knows since I've been with him for over a year! ;)
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just started with a trainer last month and I love it!! He is great. Always supportive. Never criticizes. I also feel like I can tell him when I slip up. Then he is positive and always encouraging about my nutrition. I do a training group with 6 women and it works well. I actually gained weight so far, but he said it is muscle. I lost an inch in my hips and waist though. He said I should see a drop in scale in next 2 months. Feel free to add me....maybe we should start a group for people working out with trainers?
  • Lauraeb32
    Options
    I just started with a trainer last month and I love it!! He is great. Always supportive. Never criticizes. I also feel like I can tell him when I slip up. Then he is positive and always encouraging about my nutrition. I do a training group with 6 women and it works well. I actually gained weight so far, but he said it is muscle. I lost an inch in my hips and waist though. He said I should see a drop in scale in next 2 months. Feel free to add me....maybe we should start a group for people working out with trainers?

Yes! I think a group is a great idea.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I workout with a trainer. Going on my third currently and I like him a lot.

Reason why I like my current trainer is because he's been in the business for 5 years, has 3 or 4 certifications, and still has clients from when he started! He also likes to do different things that you wouldn't normally do.. and it gets him noticed in a good way. He also is not very motivational.. but thats ok. I don't need a rah rah sis boom bah cheerleader.. I just need someone who makes sure I finish my sets and writes up a program for me so I don't have to :)

I also feel that as long as I have the money I will keep training.. not that I can't do it on my own, but I'm lazy... and knowing that I have a built in workout every week keeps me going!
  • ljones01
    ljones01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started with a trainer this morning. I have wanted to do this for a long time but couldn't ever find the $$. I have access to a bench, bar, dumbells and olymic weights at thome. Hoping to spend a couple of months with him and then work-out at home. Just didn't want to try it all on my own at first and get injured. He had gread reviews and the price was right. Wish me luck!!
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have had 9 sessions with my trainer. It has been absolutely wonderful experience.. My trainer is a complete professional and her philosophy with health is inline with my own. I could get the same results on my own if I wanted to invest the time and effort researching workout plans. The benefit of having the trainer is she simplified things basically forces me to do new things. Otherwise I probably would get stuck in a rut.

After I am done with the workout routine with my trainer, I have to redo this routine twice more before i see her again.. In my opinion if you are willing to put in all the work, ti's totally worth it.. but if this is just another attempt to throw money at solving a problem. it's not worth it. The trainer isn't going to perform a miracle and install the motivation to exercise. That comes from within.
  • edmercdeleted
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer since Nov. 2011. His role for me is actually a little different than for most people. He's there to hold be back and keep me from getting hurt.

I have a tendency to get very competitive (especially with myself) and push too hard. This has resulted in repeated injuries that have kept me out of the gym for months on end.

Since I've started working with him, I've been able to workout injury free, but still get a good workout.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've been working out with a trainer since last June, about the same time that i joined MFP. I am 57 and she is 24....we really get along well and have learned a lot from each other. My husband worked with her for a few months too and loved her. This summer I will be weaning myself off of the training because of the cost and the fact that I'm getting closer to my goal. I'll probably continue to do a session at least every other month for awhile just to have her keep a check on what I'm doing!