Just Milk for breakfast !?

Options
Trying to find a high protein breakfast, that also has carbs and some fat and is around 350 calories. Something that is quick to digest to replenish the 8hrs without food.

Tried various combinations of bread, cereals and milk, bacon, sausages, and cheese - but all these seem to be around 1.5 times the calories of just plain semi-skimmed milk (~1.5 pints) when I was looking for about 30g of protein

Milk appears a good source of Protein as its (80% casein and 20% Whey protein), so a quick fix of protein and a long lasting one too.

Carbs wise seems to be Lactose - which seems to be digested fairly rapidly

It's also in liquid form which is quicker to digest

Its full of vitamins and minerals

Its cheap!

Its easy to prepare - just pour!

Could this be the best (and simplest) breakfast???
Any other breakfast ideas around 350 cal, 30g protein with some carbs and fats?

Thanks

Replies

• steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I would be ravenously hungry in about 20 minutes if all I had was milk. I'm an oatmeal girl...and my coffee. I REFUSE to give up my coffee, no matter what,,,LOL!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Could try greek yogurt, it has a good serving of protein if that's what you're mainly concerned about.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    sounds like my kind of breakfast :) I hate eating in the morning ... and regularly forget to eat till 2/3 in the afternoon (when im not logging)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'd be starving. Plus I HATE plain milk, so I'd also probably end up not drinking it. xD
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I make a 9 X 13 pan of this:

eggs
    spinach
    cheese
    onions
    bell peppers
    diced ham
    a little whole milk

then I cut it into 6 pieces (breakfast for the week) and it had about 350 cals, 8g carbs, 20g fat, and 25g of protein.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love my homemade breakfast sandwich every morning! I put everything in the skillet while I'm getting ready and it's done when I'm ready to leave :) it's only 261 calories, has 19 grams of protein, and 12 grams of fat!

1 Thomas brand 100 calorie whole grain english muffin - 100 cals
    1 egg (fried) - 70 cals
    1 slice of Kraft American Cheese singles (made with 2% milk) - 45 cals
    2 slices of Oscar Meyer center cut bacon - 46 cals

It is soooo good and it keeps me full for around 4.5 - 5 hours, sometimes longer! I love it :)
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    Eggs and egg beaters. You can have a cup of egg beaters for 120 calories and 24 grams of protein! Add some veggies and a little cheese or meat and throw in a side of fruit or a slice of bread. Talk about a plate full of food!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Milk alone doesn't seem to last long enough. Milk and any kind of 'bulk' seems to work just fine.