I'm BUMMED!!

Options
I'm very disappointed today. I weigh in once weekly and have been steadily losing about 1.5 - 2 pounds per week. Today, my weight is EXACTLY the same as last week. I haven't deviated from what I've been doing all along. I should be glad that at least my weight isn't UP, but I feel like I'm trying very hard and seeing no change this week is depressing. However, I will still continue on my current track, as it has served me well up to now. Just a fluke, I hope.............

Replies

• HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Don't get bummed. Many people say when the weight is not going down, try checking your measurements.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That could be a good idea. I haven't taken any measurements at all so far. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • mbourke8
    mbourke8 Posts: 27
    Options
    Some weeks are like that, I bet next week you will be back down, and maybe even more than usual! Maybe something is causing you to hold onto water weight this weigh in (is it you time of the month, have you eaten a lot of sodium, HIIT/ lifting yesterday, etc)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i agree with checking measurements.
    my weight has pretty much been the same since mid april (maybe a 4 pound loss) but i've easily lost half a size and about 5 inches since then.
  • fjrabon
    fjrabon Posts: 1
    Options
    yeah, especially if you are working out and not just dieting, occasionally muscle weight gain will offset the fat weight loss. Additionally, watch out for periods when you took in a lot of sodium, as that might have caused you to put on some water weight (which is easily and quickly lost)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all. It is completely normal to feel a bit discouraged though. You have the right attitude in the end. Just keep it up and the scale will eventually submit. Also, remember weight loss isn't linear. There will be bumps in the road. Good luck! :smile:
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all of you, for the encouragement. Y'all are exactly why I love MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • joanie70
    joanie70 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, stick with it. If you are doing calories, sometimes it helps get you "unstuck' if you increase your calorie intake for a few days. It sounds crazy, but it does help!