20 th July new group

Options

Replies

• dawnndamen
    dawnndamen Posts: 37
    Options
    If any is interested tomorrows(july22) daily challenge is:Try to do at least 30 mins.cardio and 20 bicep cruls and 20 tricep kickbacks and 25 sit-ups .

WE will try that to start and get harder as we go. Good Luck Tomorrow

Im in too!!
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Good idea!!.. hunibun....I can do that!!:explode:
    Count me in too.
    angl:bigsmile:
  • rsabey
    rsabey Posts: 14
    Options
    My mini goal is to drink my 6-8 glasses of water a day and get off my backside more. :drinker:

I'd like to loose 2 lbs this week.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HI,i will always be a day ahead so you can always know what the next day is.SO when i post exercise tomorrow it will be for thur. and so on.
    if you can't do the whole challenge just try to part of it.now our bodies need to rest to so at least one day a week it will be rest day.some days will be just cardio and other days will be both.
    So that's how i'm going to try our challenges.
    I'll start out slow and harder and harder ,you have buld up to it.If you want to do more go ahead,just don't risk injury.

Have a great evening,Holly
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    Okay, I am adding a new goal for the week. I want to get 5 days of exercising in and so far, I've exercised two days. :happy:

Looking forward to another great day.
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    Okay, I am adding a new goal for the week. I want to get 5 days of exercising in and so far, I've exercised two days. :happy:

Looking forward to another great day.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Welcome to dawndamen and congrats on your adorable baby. I had another birthday dinner...chinese food tonight. I limited my servings to 1 cup of rice, chowmein (shrimp) and almond chicken. I usually have two-three servings until I am stuffed. I decided not to worry about going out to eat and enjoyed my meal. I just calculated my calories and still have some to spare!
    I trying to do my calorie counter the night before so I can plan on what I am eating. This seems to give me a game plan for the day. It's tough but this group is awesome. We will all lose weight this year!:happy:
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Most of us have mentioned our starting weight
    and goal weight
    I cant get it in her so I have created a free website just for us (the july starters)
    Please can you check it out!

http://julystarters.weebly.com/

Let me know if you want or don't want to be on the list os missing (oeps sorry)
    Also let me know if the data is incorrect
    I would like to make a new one every week after you have given the details
    It will stimulate all of us. The biggest losers can inform us how they did it and the smaller losers we will motivate more!
    How about it?
    The June starters have a similar one.
    I just started and can add a lot more. Suggestions are most welcome
    I am not a computer freak but thought it might help and stimulate us

Hunibun had a great idea and I am going for it!

have a great day, got to go now!
  • aholly70
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Today the day the daily challenges start i post today's yesterday,Let me know how you all do.Any questions ,ask we don't want injuries.
    Good luck Have a great day!!!!

I'll check back in awhile. Holly
  • dawnndamen
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone's day is starting off good. I'm a little tired this morning, but I'm sure I'll be wide awake shortly! :drinker: no coffee for me, but I sure could use a cup!
  • dawnndamen
    Options

I cant get it in her so I have created a free website just for us (the july starters)
    Please can you check it out!

http://julystarters.weebly.com/
    That is an awesome idea! What a great way to keep track of everyone's progress. Thanks Patti!
  • aholly70
    Options
    Patty the web site is a great idea!!! Holly
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! I wrote down the challenge for today and will do that tonight when I workout.

I did well on Tuesday. Got my food logged in. Did 40 minutes of Turbo Jam cardio and then about 40 minutes of the Turbo Sculpt. That was a bit much at once so I'm not sure if I will be doing that combination again at night.

Patty-Love the idea of a website. You can put whatever you want on there for me. The more I see what my actual weight is...the more determined I get.

Dawndamen- I know how hard it is to get the workouts in with working and children. My boys are 12, 4 and 2. By the time I get home from work they want my undivided attention and it's hard to get stuff done...especially stuff for myself. Just do what you can. We are all here to support each other!! If I figure out any tricks, I will let you know.
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Yeah
    I did them all
    40 min cardio was better than that 1 hour the other day, to tired the following day.
    I have to build it up slowly, that's the secret I think
    I drank enough water
    every 3 hours I ate
    ate all the call

I had a great day
    NOW!!
    The kids are all in bed, did my housework and now gonne sit down in front of the telly without snacks!
    I must say that I do find that difficult, specially with my hubby not back from work jet. I easily jump in the cupboard for something to eat.
    No I wont do it, the safest way is to go to bed a bit earlier and read a book

have a good day girls
  • aholly70
    Options
    HI i'm happy for you to the challenge
    yes you do have to work up to it and even spilt it during the day.
    I did 60 mins on the treadmill with running and i'll wieghts and dvd later
    it took me a time to get here don't rush it or you'll risk injury, i don't want that.
    I'll post tomorrows ( thurs ) soon. holly
  • aholly70
    Options
    Alright here is challenge for THURS JULY 23RD

30 mins cardio(more if you can)
    20 lunges on each leg
    20 sit-ups
    10 shoulder presses

There you goGOOD LUCK try to push yourselves but don't injury youself. Holly
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Patty-The site looks awesome, thanks for setting that up!!
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I did the Wednesday challenge yesterday, but will do it again today. So far so good this week. I got a little weak later in the evening, needed something sweet so I ate a weight watcher's mini ice cream sandwich. I did not want any fruit, I wanted some real not supposed to have sugar:laugh:
  • eellizzzabbeetthh
    Options
    I really want to join but is it too late? I have no idea how else to join a group. And what all do we do to motivate each other?
    Also, do we get notified when there is a response to a topic? Help please!!
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Welcome elizabeth-agd.....your not too late. We just started Monday.
    And whatever you want to say to motivate us will be welcome or let us know when your feeling down and hopefully one of us can lift you up. :flowerforyou: Let patty09 know your starting weight and goal weight and she will add yours to the spread sheet on the web site julystarters.weebly.com/
    You will not get notified if there are post on this thread...you just have to check it on your own. I signed up to get notified in my e-mail if I get any messages in my inbox. Also in your home page they will alert you of a new message in your inbox. After clicking on my home--click on mail- it will open your inbox.I'll send you a message to your inbox so you see what I mean.

patty09.....since you have us all on a spread sheet .....I thought my starting weight was 172 but weighed myself later that day and it was 175...so could you change that for me. Thanks for doing the spreadsheet....it looks great. My ticker is wrong too..I put in my weight this morning as 173.5 and it calculated it as 2 lb loss. Guess the ticker doesnt do fractions.
    Thats ok...l will catch up to it.
    I got 60 min. walk in already. I have a friend that I walk with. It usually is only once a week that we can find time to get together.
    YA ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY
    angl:bigsmile: