30 Day Shred question

Options
I did the 30 day shred not that long ago and I felt as if my thighs were getting bigger and bigger! I stopped after a week because my jeans were getting so tight. I really want to try it again but I am afraid too. Has anyone else had this problem or is it me? lol I am also a runner and my legs don't seem to feel that way after running but as soon as I do the video I feel HUGE..lol

Replies

• FrozenGod
    FrozenGod Posts: 21
    Options
    Your legs might just be retaining a lot of water from the first weeks muscle break down. I'd say just do the 30 days and let your body adjust.Your legs might get stronger , but in 30 days they should just be more toned than big.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    It could have been water retention from using those muscles a lot.
  • tammy1005
    tammy1005 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you....Do they go down after you get use to it?
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred a few years ago and had HUGE success with it. My legs and abs were the first places that slimmed down. I went from a size 12 to 8 in less than 30 days. I do not know anything about water retention with exercise so I am not help in that area.
  • tammy1005
    Options
    THank you! I am on day 2 and feeling ok so far.. Maybe this time I will have success! I see a lot of people do great and I am happy to hear the sucess stories. Just praying my thighs go down! btw,...I am drinking tons of water now. Hope that helps
  • ashleymichaud
    ashleymichaud Posts: 119
    Options
    I just started level 3 yesterday and since I started I went from a size 14 to a size 9, pants I haven't worn in 3 years. Definitely keep at it, it is so worth it :happy:
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I am so happy to hear that. I will stick with it!!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the boost metabolism for a month and just started extreme shed and shred a couple of days ago. I'm scared to continue as well since ny thighs did get bigger because of the muscle. :(
  • fatimaaamir
    fatimaaamir Posts: 11
    Options
    I think muscle is pretty. You worked hard for muscle, don't be scared. Eat clean and train mean, and you'll have strong, athletic yet slim thighs :)

I'm really wanting to GAIN muscle in my thighs, ahaha
  • bridget713
    bridget713 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm on day 21 of the shred. It's kicking my butt. I think my legs look a bit better, and i feel stronger, but I haven't lost a pound or a pant size... what am i doing wrong? this is my first post-partum workout aside from the 1- 1.5 mile walk I take most days.
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I'm on day 21 of the shred. It's kicking my butt. I think my legs look a bit better, and i feel stronger, but I haven't lost a pound or a pant size... what am i doing wrong? this is my first post-partum workout aside from the 1- 1.5 mile walk I take most days.

maybe its your diet? do you eat enough calories? I had to bump mine from 1200 to 1500 and I finally started losing since I started the shred. Also, drink lots of water!