Healthy places to eat: PHX, AZ

Options
skywa
skywa Posts: 901 Member
I’m visiting my sister in AZ soon. She isn't the healthiest eater, so I’m hoping to shop a bit so i don’t end up eating nothing but junk. And i was also hoping to be able to eat out, preferably somewhere with healthy options. So if anyone happens to have some recommendation on places to shop, and your favorite healthy places to eat that'd be awesome.

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Paradise Bakery has a nice variety of salads, soups, and sandwiches

Rubios is a healthier option for fast food mexican food.

Phoenix has most chains except steak n shake ... and Hardees.. they are called Carls Jr. out here.

Paradise and Rubios are the only "healthy" places that stand out to me. You will find a variety of non chain places though that are good. Depends on where in the Valley you are staying though.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If you can get south of PHX a bit there's a great vegan place called Green. And Pita Jungle has some healthier options as well.

But I have to recommend truly splurging at least once and eating at Chompie's. Their Jewish sliders (and both other versions) are one of my favorite things to eat in the world. I dream about those things. The hubby and I are going back to AZ in October and I'm already trying to figure out how many times I can fit in eating at Chompie's. :D
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Try Pita Jungle. I work at one of their non Phoenix stores...and the food is great, if I do say so myself. Hint.....try the chipotle black bean burger....to die for!
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I prefer to shop at a Fry's when it comes to fresh fruit and veggies. As for a restaurant, I really don't know a good healthy option. I would recommend trying a Mimi's Cafe they do have a few different salad options and a wide menu selection that makes it easy to please everyone at the table.
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The Good Egg. They have calorie amounts on every single item on their menu. Also at the Biltmore is this place called True Food Kitchen, here's their website: http://www.truefoodkitchen.com/locations-menus/arizona/biltmore-fashion-park.php
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Also at the Biltmore is this place called True Food Kitchen, here's their website: http://www.truefoodkitchen.com/locations-menus/arizona/biltmore-fashion-park.php

There is a True Food Kitchen in North Scottsdale. I love it there!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Chipolte is good