Help! I am having a hard time losing weight

Options
I need help. I went to the doctor and have gained 11 pounds since April. I have been working out about four times a week and eating pretty healthy Mon-Fri. I admit that my weekends are not that great, however can I possibly be consuming that many calories that offset the good?

Anyhow...I need to jumpstart my weightloss and want to know if anyone has any suggestions. I am so...frustrated, but am not giving up.

Replies

• sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i would say your weekends could be the problem. I allow myself a cheat meal but not the whole weekend. Try to tame it this weekend and see what happens...Make sure you drink your water and be careful what you eat and exercise be honest with yourself try it for one week and see what happens. good luck!
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you. I will give that a try and keep you posted.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would also log what you eat on the weekend even if you do have it off, that way you will know for sure. Logging everything helps me understand what foods cost to manycaalories, my husband looks at me when I say something is to expensive, even though it doesnt cost much money, it costs to many of my days calories, or I have to work to hard to counter it. If you do go crazy, then make sure you drink heaps of water to try flush some of it through.:wink:
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    My advice...really watch the percentages of each of type of food...particularly sodium & sugar. Personally I'm bad about sugar..but I'm hugely better now that I've given up 75% of my beverages that we're killing my sugar for the day & adding to what my body was turning into fat. Also too much sodium & your body will retain water like crazy to make up for extra sodium. Be really honest with yourself because lying to yourself only harms you :(