Vodka Question

Options
kr1ssy23
kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
OK, so its friday and I decided to have a few drinks. Usually, I make my drinks with about 4ounces of vodka and 8 ounces of whatever Im mixing it with. Does that seem like too much?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Actual serving for alcoholic spirits (vodka, gin, burbon, rum, ect) is 1-1.5 oz, so yes~
  • StellarChick85
    StellarChick85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This might sound kinda too "party girl" ish but I just do shots and chase it with a diet coke. I kinda like to celebrate weekends too! But you know, responsibly since I'm a wife and mother of two. So like tonight I'm having 2-3 shots of bicardi rum with diet coke and tracking it all. Each shot is 65 calories tho so I just made sure to work out today :)
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    My husband says if you mix it with crystal light you can't taste the vodka
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Drink it straight, no calories from mixers. I drink everything straight with lots of ice...For the most part.
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    This might sound kinda too "party girl" ish but I just do shots and chase it with a diet coke. I kinda like to celebrate weekends too! But you know, responsibly since I'm a wife and mother of two. So like tonight I'm having 2-3 shots of bicardi rum with diet coke and tracking it all. Each shot is 65 calories tho so I just made sure to work out today :)

Ugh! That would probably work except I cant do shots anymore. Dont know why, just cant hold it down. :frown:
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    Drink it straight, no calories from mixers. I drink everything straight with lots of ice...For the most part.

Yikes! Even vodka? I think thats the hardest to get down. lol
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    OK, so its friday and I decided to have a few drinks. Usually, I make my drinks with about 4ounces of vodka and 8 ounces of whatever Im mixing it with. Does that seem like too much?

Not unless you are pounding one down every half hour for three hours. Just use something either low or no cal for a mixer.
  • ysavoy
    ysavoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I was thrilled to find a cocktail that was low in carbs and calories. Dirty Vodka martini so I say party and look good while doing so.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

You could switch to tequila and get training wheels (lime and salt) I feel like that takes the taste away pretty good. They are similar in calories.
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    try the vodka with a flavored club soda or seltzer water with a piece of lemon or lime..no calories or sodium except for the vodka
  • kr1ssy23
    Options

Not unless you are pounding one down every half hour for three hours. Just use something either low or no cal for a mixer.

Nope not at all...Id say every hour and a half to the drink. And Im using a Zero Calorie Arizona Iced Tea. Not the best tasting but it works.
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If u liked fruit loops as a kid...look up LOOPY vodka. I mix mine w/ sprite. It tastes and smells like fruit loops.
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    2 weeks ago I was thrilled to find a cocktail that was low in carbs and calories. Dirty Vodka martini so I say party and look good while doing so.

Ill have to try it...Ive never had one before lmao
  • kr1ssy23
    Options

You could switch to tequila and get training wheels (lime and salt) I feel like that takes the taste away pretty good. They are similar in calories.

Agreed :)
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    try the vodka with a flavored club soda or seltzer water with a piece of lemon or lime..no calories or sodium except for the vodka

I do have flavored seltzer water. Maybe Ill try that my next drink. Thanks! :)
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    thats how I mix mine....1 part liq to 2 parts mixer...idk maybe I drink too much
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    If u liked fruit loops as a kid...look up LOOPY vodka. I mix mine w/ sprite. It tastes and smells like fruit loops.

That sounds yummy! Does it taste like the Sprite Remix they used to make? I always thought that tasted like fruit loops.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Straight Vodka :) Or Rum.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    thats how I mix mine....1 part liq to 2 parts mixer...idk maybe I drink too much

<
    this is not me btw...just posted cuz my daughter took 1st and 2nd....I thought it looked kinda bad after i posted. LOL
  • elisabej
    elisabej Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl vodka with Diet Coke or Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Sprite is always my go to drink now... :)