Darn Carbs!

Options
laura27
laura27 Posts: 17 Member
So....i have been sticking to my calorie intake....but my damn carbs are always at least 25 g over! ughhh...everything has carbs.......any suggestions??

Replies

• slimisgd
    slimisgd Posts: 24
    Options
    I know it is really hard. I am a low carb eater as well, and know the struggle all too well. Do you take protein supplements - like shakes? What are you eating? I try to stick with chicken, fish, egg whites, and eggs. When I want a "treat", I'll eat a few (about 12) almonds (3 carbs). I eat celery and cucumbers, canadian bacon and pepperoni (very seldom). Can you be a little more specific as to what you typically eat?
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Because carbs are in most everything we eat may I suggest that you make sure that most if not all are coming from fruits and vegetables and whole grain breads. These are more complex and the body takes longer to break them down so you feel fuller longer.
  • laura27
    laura27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Typicall all my carbs come from fruit, rice, and whole grain pasta....they are really low in fat however...but so heavy on the carbs......if i dont eat carbs i feel terrible and sluggish......i know there are better types of carbs out there......but what specifically can i eat that is as quick and as easy and as delicious as a hunk of watermelon? Or a handful of grapes? Or a banana ?? aghhhh.....i love fruit!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Typicall all my carbs come from fruit, rice, and whole grain pasta....they are really low in fat however...but so heavy on the carbs......if i dont eat carbs i feel terrible and sluggish......i know there are better types of carbs out there......but what specifically can i eat that is as quick and as easy and as delicious as a hunk of watermelon? Or a handful of grapes? Or a banana ?? aghhhh.....i love fruit!

Fresh cut veggies dipped in hummus........................nuts are rather low in carbs, good for protein and healthy fats........

Sounds like you need more protein to go with the carbs that you are eating................

I am completely the opposite. If I eat a bunch of carbs, I am sick feeling, achy joints and very sluggish like I want to sleep all the time.............
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's funny, for the past 6 months or so I have trouble finding enough carbs. I eat cheese, yogurt, lots of lean meats, fruit, and veggies. I find that I have to go specifically out of my way to find more good, healthy whole grain carbohydrates to fill the needs I have daily. Fruits and veggies have carbs, along with yogurt and some cheese, but not a lot relatively speaking, so I end up eating whole wheat pasta, or whole grain breads a lot of times just because I need the extra carbs to continue my very high intensity workouts (anaerobic stuff that drains the glycogen levels in the cells and causes muscle fatigue very fast, the exercise that requires fast glycogen recovery that things other then carbs can't offer).