where do you put your key on race day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Tie it to your shoe laces. Can't lose it and you won't notice it. No need to buy anything
  • anuroopr
    anuroopr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A lanyard around my neck and the key on it works for me.........I do that at the gym.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My Nike Dri-Fit shorts have a very small zippered pocket in the back waist band right at the small of the back.. perfect for holding a single key (tuck the spare car key in the pocket, and then lock the main keychain (car,house keychain etc) in the car).

My karrimor capris have a similar one - kind of in the small of my back. Don't even know the key's there.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,115 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I tied it to my shoe lace and that worked great. I didn't even notice it. I ran the 4 miles in 43:29. I know that may be really slow to a lot of you seasoned runners, but it is really good for me. The fastest I've ever run that distance. There were a couple of killer hills on the course that I decided to walk instead of expending all of my energy and then not be able to run much afterwards (the worst was at about 1.2 miles into the race). I did get 3rd place in my age division.

Thanks again for the advice. :smile:
  • iamkelskels
    iamkelskels Posts: 81
    Options
    i know this is after the fact, but when I go running around my house i loop my key around a ponytail elastic and either wear it on my wrist or tie it around my ponytail.
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    spibelt or clip on ipod pouch (amphipod)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I got a Spibelt and love it, but I've also used a lanyard, a carabiner clip (attached to the drawstring of my short, or even my bra strap), or slipped the key in the pocket of my MP3 player armband.

Great job on the race!!!
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I loop it onto a hair tie (a skinny one) and then loop that on my sports bra strap. My car key is so big that it would drive me nuts on my shoe. If it's on my bra under my shirt, I don't even notice it.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to safety pin it to my bra, now I have an awesome spi-belt!