Not eating exercise calories?

kdanderson05
kdanderson05 Posts: 147
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it okay to not eat your exercise calories, or will your body basically turn to starvation mode? I'm wondering because if I'm allowed 1350calories/day, and then I burn around lets say 300 calories, should I eat that 300 calories or not?

Another problem I'm wondering about is that with my job I'm on my feet for 4-6 hours straight, and it is proven that you can easily burn a couple hundred calories just being on your feet moving around, should I eat more because of that or not? Because I find that when I get out of work which is usually around 9:30pm I'm starving, and I'm not really sure what I should be eating?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I think you should start out eating your exercise calories and give it a few weeks to see if that's working for you.
    __

As far as your job goes, if you're on your feet most of the time, you could change your activity level to lightly active which will in turn adjust your recommended calories.
  • kdanderson05
    kdanderson05 Posts: 147
    I think you should start out eating your exercise calories and give it a few weeks to see if that's working for you.
    __

As far as your job goes, if you're on your feet most of the time, you could change your activity level to lightly active which will in turn adjust your recommended calories.
    okay thank you for the help! I'm thinking when I get home from work to just eat some veggies or something like that, and call it good, rather than eating a full meal which is what I like to do.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    what she said:laugh:
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Just for what it is worth... I had a job that caused me to eat later at night. I now don't have that job and have switched to eating with my family again, around 6:00. I've dropped 5 lbs and I'm less hungry in the morning.

I don't really have an answer for the folks that "have to" eat later but it has had a good effect on me not having to eat later.:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.