Wrist Surgery

Options
Hey Guys! I had started back with MFP about a month ago and started doing pretty good, then I found out that I had to have wrist surgery (to repair what they thought was a partially torn ligament) and since then the diet and exercise has gone out the window. I had Surgery on 5/7 (turns out there was not a tear but instead a greatly stretched and irritated TCFF Ligament). I've been in a lot of pain and craving junk food, and giving in ever since. Plus it didn't help my husband has been home and doing all the cooking (little of which has been healthy) I should get the rest of my stitches out on Monday and should get a cast on my wrist at that point. I think at that point, I'm going to re-start my diet - I can get the diet part down, but my question is about exercise... I know I can prob ask my doctor but I wanted others opinions - when will I be ok to start exercising again (more importantly walking/jogging).

Also, is there anyone who would like to join a group to keep each all motivated?