Ok weird question...

Options
ahsongbird
ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
I was looking around today and noticed something strange, my thumbs seem to be different than other peoples . I was wondering if anyone here has thumbs like mine or if anyone knows of why they are different? In case you don't notice , I do not have a first thumb knuckle, it bends slightly but nowhere near the extent of other peoples thumbs.
IMAG0560.jpg

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    are you saying you dont have a thumb joint? You have a knuckle but then you should have a joint at the base. Looks like you do. Can you touch your thumb across your palm to the base of your pinky?
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with your thumb. Looks totally normal. I am a little curious as to why you are worrying so much about what your thumb looks like though. I guess we all have our little quirks.
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    are you saying you dont have a thumb joint? You have a knuckle but then you should have a joint at the base. Looks like you do. Can you touch your thumb across your palm to the base of your pinky?
    yea I can move my whole thumb across my palm and bend the second joint to touch the base of my finger but it doesn't actually bend at the base of my thumb
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    looks normal to me.
  • juliecat1
    Options
    :) congratulations! your thumb is totally normal
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    yea I can move my whole thumb across my palm and bend the second joint to touch the base of my finger but it doesn't actually bend at the base of my thumb
    well like i said before it bends very slightly but not to the extent that I've seen other people bend theirs and you can't see any knuckle (as shown in pic) at the base
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    wow so maybe everyone around me has weird thumbs because my thumbs look completely different from theirs ? Lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    There is a condition for that, brachydactyly.
    Good news. Megan Fox has it, and she is like a superstar.

fox.jpg?w=548&h=359
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    What about that strange copper-colored carapace on the end. That's bizarre!
  • juliecat1
    Options
    wow so maybe everyone around me has weird thumbs because my thumbs look completely different from theirs ? Lol

you have the joint you are referring to because you can move your thumb across your hand. it would be impossible to do if you didnt have it. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there or theres anything wrong. We all have different things. And hey... yours doesnt look anything like Megan fox's.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The OP's thumbs do not look clubbed to me. I don't see anything wrong with them at all.
    There is a condition for that, brachydactyly.
    Good news. Megan Fox has it, and she is like a superstar.

fox.jpg?w=548&h=359
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That is interesting about Megan Fox. I still think your thumb is normal though. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

yours doesnt look anything like Megan fox's.

Ok, I'll agree with that. But its the only thumb condition I know of.
    So normal it is.
  • thegreatpablo
    thegreatpablo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really late to the party but I have this exact issue. There are three joints in the thumb line want other finger. The first and third bend normally but the second only berms ever so slightly
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Really late to the party but I have this exact issue. There are three joints in the thumb line want other finger. The first and third bend normally but the second only berms ever so slightly

Wtf brah
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No, but my toes don't bend. They just don't. I think they're paralyzed, perhaps congenitally but no doctor has ever given me more than a "well, that's weird" the few times I've brought it up.

If I try to bend them using my hands, it hurts.

My toes also look very strange. They're short and fat like balloons. My sister calls them Fred Flintstone toes and I swear that's just what they look like.

We need an unusual digits support group.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    OP, can you hitchhike?
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Looks like a normal thumb to me

Request OP post updated picture AFTER FIVE YEARS!?!