Help!! How to slim down without bulking up!?

Options
So I have been committed to a healthier lifestyle for a few years now, I mean no fast food lots of exercise etc with the treat sprinkled here and there because I am no saint :)

I have leveled out about a size about my goal... or 10lbs-ish. When I went on Winter Vacation to Florida for a month, I had almost no time to work out. So I spent my days busy and active, walking, shopping, the occasional run etc. and kept doing my crunches and pushups etc. During this time I was my thinnest, I loved my body. Now since Winter I have been working out like crazy and as much as I like some of the benefits, my body is bulking up. I'm 5'2" and I am sensitive about my thighs and stomach and the more I work out the thicker they get.

I'm training for a 1/2 marathon so I'm putting in about 25mi a week and the occasional hike, soccer game etc.

I do not want these super buff quads anymore!!!! Also lately I have seen a little cellulite creep into my hammies!!! But I'm running so much.

So my 2 questions are, what can I do to help work away this cellulite?
What type of workouts will slim me down not bulk me up!?

I wish I was rich and famous so I could have a personal trainer figure all of this out for me haha... oh boy
thanks!!!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Do you cross train at all? What I mean by that is, are you only running? Your body is most likely used to all the running you've been doing so its not going to change. You need to change it up. Hop on a bike or the elliptical. I'm a runner myself, and I just bought a road bike to change things up plus it will make me a better runner. I was running everyday and nothing was changing... Plus the better you become at something the less calories you burn. Also try adding in intervals to your runs, speedwork (I speed up during the chorus' of songs, and try and do more hills) Don't give up, you'll get there! Good luck on your half! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    Shorter gal wondering the same thing. My dream body type seems like it is not attainable by healthy means, and I'm naturally a little more muscular as opposed to long and lean. I would like to hear what people have to say :3