Calories...

Options
How many calories do you consume throughout the day? Is that your goal or would you rather consume less or more?

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've just started consuming 1,500 a day, as I ease out of my deficit. Started at 1,250, then 1,300 etc. Moving VERY slowly out of the deficit, because I wanna keep the weight off for good!!
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My calories are set to 1620 a day to lose 1 pound a week. That's just a little under my BMR. And I'm satisfied with that.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500, I wish I could eat more, but I still have a bit more to go. I also wish I could do less, but I like food and eating and I don't like being hungry. I also like long walks on the beach and piña coladas
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    How many calories do you consume throughout the day? Is that your goal or would you rather consume less or more?
    oops...guess I should answer the question myself too! I never consume more than 300 calories throughout the whole day and usually it don't ammount to that. I am big on exercise so I would like to see it get to about 500 or 600 and with my therapists help I might even consider 700 but never more! This has worked for me since I was 15 up until I had to have a full hysterectomy. I was always between 97 and 107. The hysterectomy threw my body out of wack and when all was said and done I weighed 141 but am now back down to 114 and still losing!
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    I eat around 1500, I wish I could eat more, but I still have a bit more to go. I also wish I could do less, but I like food and eating and I don't like being hungry. I also like long walks on the beach and piña coladas
    well you look amazing! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • Awkward30
    Options
    Over 1000 - i want to die
    800 - I feel upset but its not the end of the world
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I mostly eay under 400 calories each day tho. i need the calories to concentrate on studying (finals) but when summer comes im going to actually restrict.

Just hijacked this thread... Next 5 pages will be people arguing with you about how unhealthy that is... But to cut them all off: she's anorexic, not stupid. I'm sure she knows that is incredibly unhealthy and I'm sure she doesn't care because she wants the body of a scrawny pre-pubescent girl and doesn't care if she is slowly killing herself in the process. Within her rights people, and you can't reason her out of an eating disorder.

In before the **** storm :)
  • Blackbird16
    Blackbird16 Posts: 68
    Options
    I used to eat 300 or under but its about 600 or under now
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1300-1500. And omg, I'm not fat!

I'll wait for the calorie police to get here.

I think I would die if I ate under 1000.... good luck keeping that up ladies........
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere between 3,000-5,000 calories a day.
  • Awkward30
    Options
    oops...guess I should answer the question myself too! I never consume more than 300 calories throughout the whole day and usually it don't ammount to that. I am big on exercise so I would like to see it get to about 500 or 600 and with my therapists help I might even consider 700 but never more! This has worked for me since I was 15 up until I had to have a full hysterectomy. I was always between 97 and 107. The hysterectomy threw my body out of wack and when all was said and done I weighed 141 but am now back down to 114 and still losing!

Congrats on considering 700, I'm sure that is difficult for you, but I hope you do it.
  • vthetigercat
    Options
    I eat between 1800-2500 a day, depending on if it's a heavy exercise day or a light exercise day. I am still losing fat at this amount of calories, which is dope, because I just got to my goal body fat %, 18%!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I mostly eay under 400 calories each day tho. i need the calories to concentrate on studying (finals) but when summer comes im going to actually restrict.

Just hijacked this thread... Next 5 pages will be people arguing with you about how unhealthy that is... But to cut them all off: she's anorexic, not stupid. I'm sure she knows that is incredibly unhealthy and I'm sure she doesn't care because she wants the body of a scrawny pre-pubescent girl and doesn't care if she is slowly killing herself in the process. Within her rights people, and you can't reason her out of an eating disorder.

I really hope that was sarcasm...
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    I eat between 1300-1500. And omg, I'm not fat!

I'll wait for the calorie police to get here.

I think I would die if I ate under 1000.... good luck keeping that up ladies........
    Done it since I was 15 and I am now 41....except when I was pregnant with my son! I could not even imagine myself finding enough food I really liked to consume 1200 in a day!
  • natasha160
    natasha160 Posts: 3
    Options
    What activities do you do to support the calorie intake? Just curious?
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    there is no way I could fit that into my stomache and not throw up as my stomache could not hold that much!
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    What activities do you do to support the calorie intake? Just curious?
    like what kind of activities as reading what I eat and logging it???? Is that what u mean?
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I really hope that was sarcasm...

Also I.. :,( Because I DO CARE that I am killing myself. I DO CARE that I am unhealthy. It is an addiction, an illness and obviously I DO CARE because I am going into treatment in July. Please don't make me out as the ignorant anorexic girl who's "killing herself but doesn't care". I'm not what you make me out to be.
    I answered this with honesty because Terrie also has an eating disorder. So I thought I'd give her my honest opinion.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    there is no way I could fit that into my stomache and not throw up as my stomache could not hold that much!

holy calories! thats what i eat in like a week! :O
  • chantalm15
    chantalm15 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

holy calories! thats what i eat in like a week! :O

There's no need to put down someone else's eating habits while they respect yours. Please keep it in mind as you comment.
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good on you for considering 700 calories, I wish you all the best on making such a postive step in your journey:smile: