Phentermine? take in afternoon instead of morning?

Options
cr9576
cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
So i was on Phentermine last month and i saw great results! but the side effects were killing me at work. I took the pill like at 9 am and at first im very happy and in a very good mood followed by drowzines followed by headache followed by feeling depresed and being in a bi**cy mood. These side effects only last about two weeks and then i can take the pill and be normal. SOO i was thinking going it again and taking it in the evening like at 3pm. Is that bad? is there a reason y dr says it has to be in the morning?

Replies

• cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that takes this crazy pill
  • Csnead1977
    Csnead1977 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there. I took Phentermine in 2008. My weight was perfect till recently. I gained 26 pounds due to having a crazy schedule. Today I went back to my weight loss doctor and she was in shock to see me so heavy years later. I am back on Phentermine as of today. Hopefully it works well this time around.

In regards to your symptoms, I use to get those so I use to take the pill every other day. I also would take motrin for the headaches while my body was adjusting.
  • XLIZX3090
    XLIZX3090 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started today and im feeling great, honestly. No jitters, nothing.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Since phentermine is a stimulant, it's not recommended to take it too late because you won't be able to sleep, same reason why I have to take my adderall with breakfast and lunch, and no later (and get in some exercise).

All that said, I've probably taken every diet pill in the book and I've had the most consistent and long lasting success with just eating right and exercising. That's it. When you stop taking diet pills, you gain whatever weight you lost back. It's not permanent. And honestly, it's not great for your heart either.

Do yourself a favor and ditch the phentermine and just focus on having a healthy lifestyle.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a reason. It is a stimulant and most people have difficulties sleeping when on it. They have you take in the AM so the effects will wear off so you can sleep. That is likely why they probably told you to cut your caffeine intake as well (as well as the warnings about cold medicines that it comes with).
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So i was on Phentermine last month and i saw great results! but the side effects were killing me at work. I took the pill like at 9 am and at first im very happy and in a very good mood followed by drowzines followed by headache followed by feeling depresed and being in a bi**cy mood. These side effects only last about two weeks and then i can take the pill and be normal. SOO i was thinking going it again and taking it in the evening like at 3pm. Is that bad? is there a reason y dr says it has to be in the morning?

I have taken it at 3pm several times. To be honest, I am not sure why I am even taking it anymore...I don't really feel it. I have no side effects at all, and I am only taking it for an increase in energy. I have forgotten to take it so many times, which tells me it is not effecting my appetite anymore.

Here are my stats on it though...10 weeks on Phentermine and 27 pounds lost. I did not have an appetite for about 2 weeks, and was eating probably less then I should have. The last eight weeks I have been using MFP, eating more, and exercising a lot (600-1200 calories, 4-5 times a week.)I have not followed the 1200 calorie diet at all, in fact I was scared that I would automatically gain weight when I came off the pill if I did that. I am eating between 1400-1800, depending on how much I work out. At this point, I am attributing my weight loss to this site, and not the pill. My doctor is too, and said that the pill is only a tool to what I am already doing.

I am planning on finishing this month with 1 pill a day, and starting with half a pill in July. I am going on vacation for a week and a half in July, so I will go back to one pill for those 10 days. Then..back to half a pill, and once they are gone, I am stopping.
  • Shrinkingmam0429
    Shrinkingmam0429 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nope! I take it too :)