Exercise Calories - Been Done to Death I know, However...

Options
Hi,

I know this topic has been done to death but the amount of people who question how much I eat is ridiculous so I wanted to ask the question....

My OH is always going on about how I am always eating, even an hour or two after dinner. I'll use y/day as an example:

After my evening meal I still had something like 1065 calories left. I had earned around 500 in exercise during the day, so, around an hour after my dinner I had some homemade banana bread with pure peanut butter. I tried to explain to him that I have already set myself a defecit and so with that, and my calories earned during exercise I needed to eat as many of my allowance as possible, but he doesn't see how this would work....plus the fact that I am eating late in the evening. Surely if you need to eat the calories you need to eat them, right? Or wrong?

Please help!

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    you answered your own question with the deficit comment.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If you are steadily losing then your calories are not too high and you are not over-estimating calories burned during exercise.
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    Yes, if your diet is working for you, then you obviously need those calories, and it doesn't matter what time you eat them. I'd suggest you quit trying to convince/explain it to people who either don't want to understand or don't respect your judgement; maybe use a simple 'this works for me' then change the subject.