I am loosing 2ib a week?? a bit down cause it isn't more??

I have been sticking to me calories of 1920 a day, and have been going to the gym/swimming 5x this week!!! i really thought i would be loosing more, is it wishful thinking? i am BIG too so i thought i would be loosing like 3-4 ibs with the effort i am putting in??

Should i lower my calorie intake? i'm like so confused i lost more months ago jus by dieting and sticking to 1400 a day? HELP

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    2 lbs a week is great progress - well done.

You didn't put it on in a month so you have to expect to take a while getting it off.

If 500 calories a day per pound/week holds true there's a theoretical limit - 3 lbs/week would need a deficit of 1500 per day and at least 50 lbs of fat reserves to keep you going at that.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Two pounds a week is awesome. You are doing a great job. Anything more than that isn't as likely to stay off. Most would love to lose 2 lbs consistently. It's better to stay the course and not starve yourself.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    2lbs a week is the maximum you should really be losing healthily. You just have to be patient. :)
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Its tough to be patient but losing at 1-2 lbs aif week will make it easier to maintain your loss for the long run and it gives your body more time to adjust. Also when you lose at a faster rate you run the risk of losing muscle mass along with fat which could mean you would still look chubby at a healthy goal weight. Try to relax and follow the program, it really works. Good luck.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    2 lbs a week is great!! Anything more than that is considered unhealthy. Above poster is right. You didn't put it on in a month, so it isn't going to come off in a month. The slower it comes off, the better change it will stay off too.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are making great progress! Don't lower your intake. Continue with what you're doing. :)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Dont be ridiculous, 2lb a week should be the limit of what you are losing. Plenty of people here would be delighted with that
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 278 Member
    Relax and focus on going the distance. 2 lbs/week is great. Focus on sustainability not speed. Its keeping it up thats the bugger
  • Ok thanks guys, i am very impatient hahaha but yeah your right i didn't get to this size in a day so its a long winding road, i guess i just need my motivation to stay up x
  • You didn't put it on in a month so you have to expect to take a while getting it off.

That's the big thing right there. 2 pounds a week is great! Keep up the good work!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member

You didn't put it on in a month so you have to expect to take a while getting it off.

I hate that statement. Most people gain weight over years but you can usually lose it faster.

2 pounds per week is a great loss you should definitely be happy with that.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member

I hate that statement. Most people gain weight over years but you can usually lose it faster.

While that is true(it took me 3 yrs to gain weight, but I took off in a year) it's unrealistic to tell OP oh yea, you will lose 3-4 pounds in a month and lose it all in 6 months. It's more realistic to say that statement and imply that there is no magic to weight loss.. it took time to put it on, it takes time to get it off.

To OP:
    To echo everyone else, 2 pounds a week is great. If some weeks you to happen to lose more, then thats great too!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member

I agree that you can lose a lot faster than most people have typically gained, but with over 100 lb on her ticker to lose we're looking at a year not a month.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    2lbs a week is a healthy, sustainable loss. Don't be discouraged by it, instead, you should celebrate it.

I've just started back after 5 months or so of only logging sporadically and putting weight back on. If I manage 2 lbs off in the next week, I'll be ecstatic.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member

I agree that you can lose a lot faster than most people have typically gained, but with over 100 lb on her ticker to lose we're looking at a year not a month.

Obviously won't lose 100 lbs in a month.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309

Obviously won't lose 100 lbs in a month.

I don't think the person you quote was actually suggesting that 100lbs per month is a possibility, but using that as a way of showing that it's a long term goal, rather than a short term one.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    1-2lbs a week is a healthy rate of weight loss. If you lose it too quickly you will have loose skin as your skin won't be able to keep up.
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    I am just going to re-iterate everything everyone else has already said! 2lbs is the healthy realistic way to lose weight. Actually when you think about it, it is a stone every 7 weeks - which is amazing. That is my goal! In the long run it means I should reach my target weight by April next year - that doesnt seem like that long to me :) especially since I cant remember the last time I was at that weight!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    don't forget the to measure yourself, how do clothes feel? how do YOU feel? the scale isn't the whole story just a small part of it.
  • xortion
    xortion Posts: 22
  • ladybuglady15
    ladybuglady15 Posts: 17 Member
    2 lbs a week is a fantastic loss! Keep up the wonderful work! :D Try not to be too discouraged, you're making healthy changes that will hopefully stick with you through life. Try to keep an eye on the big picture (an overall healthier and longer life) instead of on the weekly progress. You'll get there!