a small victory, but a big one for me!

Options
Before I start, I should probably explain my background a little bit. I've been overweight since I was 6 years old. A dietetician declared me morbidely obese when I turned 20. I was 222 pounds for 5"3'. I never looked or felt morbidely obese, whatever that means...the joys of the BMI right!

I grew up in France. When I turned 21 I moved to the US and have been here for 3 years, for study abroad. I am moving back to France in 2 months. I stayed away from the weigh scale for most of the time I've been here. But that changed in March. I knew I had gained weight, and I was feeling like crap, bloated, tired, and everything that goes with unhealthy eating and no exercise. I was living alone for the 1st time, in a country where added sugars are everywhere. I was enjoying it as much as possible, to the detriment of my health. SO, I stepped on the scale, and there it was, the dreaded number: 245 pounds. I had gained 23 pounds in 3 years. It may not sound like a lot, until you start trying to lose it.

My small victory is that today, I have lost 20 pounds. I am almost back to the weight I was when I arrived in the US. I'm eating healthy and exercising, and loving every second of it!! MFP and all the people on these boards are amazing support, so thank you everyone :)

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you have lost 20lbs so far!! wouldn't it be great to go home looking better than you left? Keep going and I bet you can do it!!

(I am 5'2" and started my journey at 228.4lbs)
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    WTG!! 20lbs is no small victory!! Keep up the great work!!
  • nbreteil
    nbreteil Posts: 40
    Options
    thanks guys!!
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No victory is small and yours is fantastic!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Good for you, 20 pounds is awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!