Can you recommend a good pre-workout powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Coffee baby. Straight up. Make it nice and strong.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Good old creatine or caffeine works better than most costly stuff.

This is the correct answer. (FYI it doesn't matter when you take creatine - its effectiveness depends on saturation, which takes a few weeks. There are no acute effects).
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I tried OxyElite Pro, its the only thing I've ever taken and I've taken it for about 6 weeks. I don't take it like it's directed I only take it before I work out in the morning and I really liked how it helped me wake up and I could work harder and longer. I'm pretty sure it's the caffeine. I am almost out and I too really would like to try something to amp me up in the mornings. I don't drink coffee, and I do not want to take creatine. I too would really be thankful for suggestions.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Take nothing, costs 0 dollars and you'll get great results. Would buy again.

Joking aside, take nothing, those pre-workout powders are a waste of money, and they'll make you reliant on them. Just get yourself psyched up for a great workout. On days when I really have to talk myself into working out, I'll take a 5 hour energy, an energy drink, or a coffee and some B vitamins to get me going.