Name one good tip you learn since dieting?

Options
I learn when on your cycle and feeling bloating ,drink hot water with lemon and that helps with water gain

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Never use the word Diet or Dieting
  • TURNBACK27
    TURNBACK27 Posts: 32
    Options
    That a good one
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Don't let that scale get you down. There are so many factors that can influence the number you see. I knew this already, but I only started believing it recently.
  • TURNBACK27
    TURNBACK27 Posts: 32
    Options
    that was a good one just started so I wont be discourage :wink:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am not "dieting," but since I started getting healthy (and losing weight), the single most helpful thing that I've learned is to listen to my body and not to my brain when it comes to eating.

My brain is GREAT at giving me reasons why I "should" or "need to" eat. Fortunately, my body is getting better at saying, "wait, no, I'm not hungry! Don't make ME suffer just because you're upset/anxious/bored/whatever!"
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    That if you have one bad meal, it doesn't mean you have to have a bad day. Or if it's a bad day, you have to have a bad week. You get it I'm sure! Avoid extremes! Every little success matters e.g. Increased water consumption, parking further to walk more when shopping, eating rice chips instead of regular chips, fat free chocolate pudding instead of ice cream. Be patient ...it takes time but it's well worth it.
  • turbochris
    turbochris Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't let that scale get you down. There are so many factors that can influence the number you see. I knew this already, but I only started believing it recently.

+1
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That you CAN eat more to weigh less!! whodathunkit?!?! I love it and it's TRUE!! :drinker:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have learned..... "about myself" I have been judgmental in the past. For that I am very sorry!! That there are some awesome people doing the same thing. Starting a lifestyle change.
    Also don't believe everything on here!! Fact check people...read, research, etc.!!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • cassilue
    cassilue Posts: 1
    Options
    On thing I have learned is do not deny yourself the foods you love. If you love cupcakes, for example, eat in moderation (one every once in a while) and make adjustment to accommodate the extra calories from the cupcake. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    patience
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Measure instead of weighing and you need a lot of protein to build muscle.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Don't drink your calories! Opt for water or diet drinks and save the calories for meaningful foods like pizza and chocolate!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I DON"T have to starve myself to lose weight. I can still have all of the things that I love, and the weight will still come off!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Cardio may help you burn calories faster during a workout...but strength training builds muscle and muscle helps you burn calories while doing nothing at all :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    80:20 works perfectly.

80% good, whole foods (based on calorie allowance rather than volumes)
    20% whatever you want.

--

Chocolate Milk is fantastic post-workout.

--

Drink plenty of water if only for your skin, hair and nails.

--

If you don't want to eat something someone offers you, just say no. It's that simple.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Don't drink your calories! Opt for water or diet drinks and save the calories for meaningful foods like pizza and chocolate!

lol!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    ive learnt that dieting doesnt mean living off of salad.... cooking healthy food is far more satisfying than eating junk !
  • tabithaanne
    tabithaanne Posts: 38
    Options
    I am not "dieting," but since I started getting healthy (and losing weight), the single most helpful thing that I've learned is to listen to my body and not to my brain when it comes to eating.

My brain is GREAT at giving me reasons why I "should" or "need to" eat. Fortunately, my body is getting better at saying, "wait, no, I'm not hungry! Don't make ME suffer just because you're upset/anxious/bored/whatever!"