Concerned about the speed at which I lose weight

This is probably the opposite complaint to what most people have, but I've noticed that when I'm trying, I lose really fast, at a rate that doesn't seem normal - I'm wondering if I should be concerned, or if it might be a health issue.

For example, I was maintaining at 5'6" and 120 for a couple of months not paying attention at all to what I was eating, but earlier this week decided I wanted to shed some fat. I always weigh myself in the mornings and for the past couple of months never saw a measurement below 119.

On wednesday, thurs, and yesterday, I ate 1200 calories each day. On weds morning, I weighed in at 119.5. On thurs morning, I was 118.5. This morning, I was 116.5, a weight I haven't seen on that scale in months. Why does it happen this fast?

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    If it goes off that fast it has to be water I think, have you changed something?, your diet? break from exercising? drinking more water?.. TOTM ending?

I put 4lbs of water on when my TOTM starts and up to recently when they ended I was dropping another 2-3lbs extra so getting a 6-7lb loss in one week (although I didn't record it as I didn't record the temp weight gain as I knew it was only from monthlies) .. so only actually had lost 2lbs for example cos 4lbs of it was temp water gain... could it be something like that?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    It may not be actual fat loss. Weight fluctuates daily and hourly so it may just be due to activities done, water weight etc.