runners question for women

Options
ladies what do you do before running to prevent nipples from burning while running ,lately Ive been running & after my 4 mile its almost unbearable ? any ideas I read some where that vaseline helps.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ladies what do you do before running to prevent nipples from burning while running ,lately Ive been running & after my 4 mile its almost unbearable ? any ideas I read some where that vaseline helps.

Body Glide. It's a miracle product for all forms of chafing and blisters.

P.S. Men have the same nipple chafing problem :wink:
  • Canbfit4life
    Canbfit4life Posts: 124
    Options
    ok thank you definitly will check it out!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Am I weird or just lucky? I haven't run into any of the horror stories of running for women...yet (knock on wood). And i've been running for 2 1/2 months up to 4 miles at a time
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/DIMRS-Self-Adhesive-Nipple-Covers/dp/B004K3RSQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337444908&sr=8-1

Or the Nearly Me brand of the same thing.

Works great for me for long runs.
  • Canbfit4life
    Canbfit4life Posts: 124
    Options
    youre definitly lucky Ive been running over 2 yrs also it just started recently & its not everytime I run
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Am I weird or just lucky? I haven't run into any of the horror stories of running for women...yet (knock on wood). And i've been running for 2 1/2 months up to 4 miles at a time

Lucky! Although I don't seem to get many of the weird complications until I start logging ~8 mile+ distances- like I get chafing under my left arm only- where it must rub the seam on the side of my shirt...but only on longer distances.