My six pack has a bar code. Does yours? :)

Options
littleworm23
littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
At my heaviest I was about 250lbs and now weigh in at 126lbs. There was a time that I thought I would never ever see any muscle tone (hell, there was a time when I thought I would never see my feet with out bending). Well I am pleased to say that I can now see muscle. I have abs!! :) That being said, my abs (and other areas) needless to say have stretch marks (bar codes). As hard as I've worked, and continue to work, it sometimes makes me feel like I will never get all the way to where I want to be. But day by day I'm starting to dislike my stretch marks a little less, notice them a little less and accept them as part of me a little more. I even had my husband take a picture of me last week showing my tummy...... and I posted it! lol

So for all you out there that have worked hard and have the marks to prove it I would love to see pictures and say congratulations to you. :)

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    No stretch marks here, but I love that you called them bar codes!

I'm a physical therapist, so I see a lot of "skin" in my job, and I can tell you that there are plenty of people who have stretch marks that have never been heavy for a day in their lives... so don't let it worry you, other people don't necessarily know where they came from... and even if you know, they are a sign of accomplishment that you're not there any more!

Congrats on your progress! You look great :-)
    Jen
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    First of alll...you are a freakin' rock star. You and your abs are simply awesome.

Second, I keep hearing how abs are built in the kitchen. What the hell do you eat to make it happen and what exercises do you do?

It seems the only way I will ever be able to get six pack is with my drivers license and cash at the corner grocery store.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    This is such an inspiring post! Thankyou for sharing, it just goes to show you the power of perception. Scars tell a story, they are beautiful and should be worn as a badge of honour!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was about 250lbs and now weigh in at 126lbs. There was a time that I thought I would never ever see any muscle tone (hell, there was a time when I thought I would never see my feet with out bending). Well I am pleased to say that I can now see muscle. I have abs!! :) That being said, my abs (and other areas) needless to say have stretch marks (bar codes). As hard as I've worked, and continue to work, it sometimes makes me feel like I will never get all the way to where I want to be. But day by day I'm starting to dislike my stretch marks a little less, notice them a little less and accept them as part of me a little more. I even had my husband take a picture of me last week showing my tummy...... and I posted it! lol

So for all you out there that have worked hard and have the marks to prove it I would love to see pictures and say congratulations to you. :)

Great header and great story. Thought this was going to be about beer for sure. Certainly looks like you have earned at least a six pack of either variety. Congrats.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I was telling my mom this yesterday:
    "My stretchmarks will not stop me from wearing the string bikini I bought, once I reach my goal"
    I don't know, I have had them forever and they never really bothered me all that much. They were just there. It was the extra weight that bugged me.
    The old ones I barely notice, and if anyone does they probably wont judge you for it because they most likely have them too.
  • littleworm23
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm learning to tell myself that I earned them all. Not just through weight loss but through the 3 pregnancies that gave me my wonderful children. I honestly haven't done to much work toning wise. I do a lot of cardio, the toning that I do is mainly crunches and exercises that are on my wii Active. We did set up the Total Gym a couple weeks ago though so my arms are getting a lot of work and I like doing crunches on there. :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm learning to tell myself that I earned them all. Not just through weight loss but through the 3 pregnancies that gave me my wonderful children. I honestly haven't done to much work toning wise. I do a lot of cardio, the toning that I do is mainly crunches and exercises that are on my wii Active. We did set up the Total Gym a couple weeks ago though so my arms are getting a lot of work and I like doing crunches on there. :)

I saw something on pinterest a few months back.. A pic of a lady with stretch marks and it says "Your body is not ruined. You are a G-ddamn tiger who earned her stripes!"
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LOL. My belly has it's own bar code too. Congrats on the weight loss and amazing abs.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yep here it is

barcoded.png
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Love your post. While I am still working on my 6 pack (heck hope to have a 3 pack :smile: ) I understand the "bar code" (my new favorite expression)

My hubby when we married had a 6 pack and bar code on his arms. He never was really heavy but he was very muscled in the arms and such. Most of his job is lifting and carring heavy items. So not everyone who has bar codes are or were heavy. I say whatever reason you have them wear them in pride. Cause whatever reason you have them I am sure you earned them. Be it exercise, kids, or they are your motivation to get healthy if cause of weight. Of course if the later you can always tell everyone they are from one of the other two (unless you don't have kids) :smile:
  • littleworm23
    Options

I saw something on pinterest a few months back.. A pic of a lady with stretch marks and it says "Your body is not ruined. You are a G-ddamn tiger who earned her stripes!"

I like that :)
  • littleworm23
    Options
    Love your post. While I am still working on my 6 pack (heck hope to have a 3 pack :smile: ) I understand the "bar code" (my new favorite expression)

My hubby when we married had a 6 pack and bar code on his arms. He never was really heavy but he was very muscled in the arms and such. Most of his job is lifting and carring heavy items. So not everyone who has bar codes are or were heavy. I say whatever reason you have them wear them in pride. Cause whatever reason you have them I am sure you earned them. Be it exercise, kids, or they are your motivation to get healthy if cause of weight. Of course if the later you can always tell everyone they are from one of the other two (unless you don't have kids) :smile:

It makes me happy that you like my "Bar Code" comparison. :)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    ""I'm a physical therapist, so I see a lot of "skin" in my job, and I can tell you that there are plenty of people who have stretch marks that have never been heavy for a day in their lives""

^^This! My husband is 6'3" and has never been over 160 in his life. He has stretch marks on his sides and back and knees from growing too fast. I can and does happen to anyone.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS, bar codes or no! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yes I have my very own bar code. Yes sometimes I wish I could scrub it away BUT the one thing that makes me OK with them is that the best 2 parts of my life gave them to me.. My children. since I was at my heaviest (208) during childbirth. I think your abs are rockin' it :) great dedication.. looking forward to seeing mine so defined soon..

30dal2d9front.jpg
  • littleworm23
    Options
    Yes I have my very own bar code. Yes sometimes I wish I could scrub it away BUT the one thing that makes me OK with them is that the best 2 parts of my life gave them to me.. My children. since I was at my heaviest (208) during childbirth. I think your abs are rockin' it :) great dedication.. looking forward to seeing mine so defined soon..

30dal2d9front.jpg

You look great! :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    well thank you :) I use to call them a road map but I like the term "bar code" lol
  • littleworm23
    Options
    well thank you :) I use to call them a road map but I like the term "bar code" lol

lol I never thought of them as a "bar code" until this morning. I was looking in a full length mirror and flexing(?) my tummy. Ya, I'm a dork. But the more I flex the more noticeable they are and for some reason bar code popped into my head and I thought "Well, my six pack is probably always going to have a bar code and I can live with that."
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. You rock! Insppirational!
  • sparklegirl2012
    Options
    That's an awesome saying!

I have stretch marks on my sides/love handle area and when my brother was younger (<10 years old), he used to say that I had "brains on my hips", which only meant that they were a smart asset ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!