NSV - 2 miles!

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
I ran 2 miles today without taking a break...i slowed down a few times but only to a jog...no speed walking, no walking,

I've been running/walking 2 miles for about 4 week (increased from the mile I was running) s but haven't been able to make it without having to walk 1/2-1/4 of it...

So whoot!

Replies

• bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way To GO!!! I recently was able to complete a mile without walking (my first goal) and now working on increasing that...It feels great!!
  • Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    Congrats keep up the good work.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know all to well the great feeling it brings. I started out barely able to walk.. after a while..slowly added running a driveway or two..Now, I am totally hooked on running. I run 3.5-4 miles 3 days a week.

Way to go on your accomplishment!! friend me if you'd like
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • zeuslalala
    zeuslalala Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! great job! A couple of years ago I would only run if someone was chasing me with something harmful,uh, and that never happened-so I never ran. Ha. Now I just completed my first 8k and finished in just over 8 minute miles! So, keep going. You sound mentally strong....you can achieve whatever you wish to!! Congrats!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That is great! Im am going to start a run walk thing this weekend. Its encouraging to see how fast that much progress can be made :) WTG girl!
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    Great Job! The run-walk idea is the way to get started, no doubt. Pretty soon you'll be running two to three miles effortlessly.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!