Ladies around 160lbs who dont eat like rabbits

Options
Im looking for new pals around my same weight to get fit with. With anything its always easier to work as a team so lets do this. It seems that because i dont have alot to lose my body is holding onto fat for dear life.... Please friend me and post your stats.....Maybe we can start a group

STATS
5'8 165 lbs currently a size 12
goal weight is about 145 or a size 8
measurements: 38-30-41

ROUTINE
I do HIIT circuit training on T and TH with a trainer for 45 minutes
I lift heavy on F and Sun
on those days i also do about 30 minutes of cardio/hiit on the ellip, bike or treadmill.

DIET
Ive upped my calories to around 1700 a day more if i workout

PROBLEM AREAS
Saddle bags and flabby arms.

PROGRESS
Ive lost .5 inches off each thigh and 1 inch off my waist and dropped 6 lbs since starting on 4/10/12.

Replies

• gigishiree
    gigishiree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    let me clarify: not that my currents pals eat like rabbits. dont mean or want to offend. im just looking for ladies around my same weight who eat 1500+ cals. so we can compare progrees n discuss wat has or has not worked...support each other. i know i can drop weight at 1200 or less but id be hungry n irritable constantly. that didnt work for me.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 159lbs, size 8-10. I lift heavy and I like food. Mid-section is my issue.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I only just started adding friends on here, so I could use a few peeps with similar goals.

Anyway, I'm 5'4", 158lbs. I'd love to shoot for about 135 as a goal weight, but honestly I'm more interested in gaining muscle and losing fat, and less interested in just "losing weight". I have my target net calories set at 1600 on here, but really as long as I'm above 1500 and below about 1900, all is good. (I have also tried the 1200 that MFP suggests. I lost about 10lbs doing that last year, but I was not a nice person, and the restrictions just made me want to EAT EVERYTHING...so I'm done with that.)

I'm about 2 weeks from finishing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, and will probably continue with strength training after that, with periodic intense cardio (JM videos, biking, sports, etc.)

~Emma
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'll gladly support you! Add me! :)

I'm just under 5'8", currently 155.8, started at 199, goal is 145 (though I'm thinking of pushing it down to 139). Wearing a size 10 now and want to ultimately wear a 6/8. Have been on this site for 600+ days and have found great success. Recently started going to the gym every day with the hubby for two hours at a time (an hour of weight training and an hour of cardio) and eating a whole lot better (havent eaten out in two weeks which is an incredible feat for me!).

I'm learning the working out/ideal calorie intake game...I've been netting under 1,000 calories 6 out of 7 days of the week and if I don't see consistent weight loss in the next few weeks I'm going to play around with my numbers and maybe work towards consistently netting around 1400 (which supposedly is my BMR).
  • gigishiree
    Options
    I'm 159lbs, size 8-10. I lift heavy and I like food. Mid-section is my issue.

im a foodie too. love to cook and bake so its super hard for me to eat healthy. butter, cheese n creamy sauces just taste so darn good. but im learning to modify recipes n control portion size
  • gigishiree
    Options
    I'll gladly support you! Add me! :)

I'm just under 5'8", currently 155.8, started at 199, goal is 145 (though I'm thinking of pushing it down to 139). Wearing a size 10 now and want to ultimately wear a 6/8. Have been on this site for 600+ days and have found great success. Recently started going to the gym every day with the hubby for two hours at a time (an hour of weight training and an hour of cardio) and eating a whole lot better (havent eaten out in two weeks which is an incredible feat for me!).

I'm learning the working out/ideal calorie intake game...I've been netting under 1,000 calories 6 out of 7 days of the week and if I don't see consistent weight loss in the next few weeks I'm going to play around with my numbers and maybe work towards consistently netting around 1400 (which supposedly is my BMR).

will do! im more concerned w how my clothes fit as oppossed to the scale. scales are evil! i swear mine is possessed! im still working on finding the magic calorie intake number. im not losing but im also not gaining. ill give it a few more weeks then re-evaluate
  • gigishiree
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I only just started adding friends on here, so I could use a few peeps with similar goals.

Anyway, I'm 5'4", 158lbs. I'd love to shoot for about 135 as a goal weight, but honestly I'm more interested in gaining muscle and losing fat, and less interested in just "losing weight". I have my target net calories set at 1600 on here, but really as long as I'm above 1500 and below about 1900, all is good. (I have also tried the 1200 that MFP suggests. I lost about 10lbs doing that last year, but I was not a nice person, and the restrictions just made me want to EAT EVERYTHING...so I'm done with that.)

I'm about 2 weeks from finishing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, and will probably continue with strength training after that, with periodic intense cardio (JM videos, biking, sports, etc.)

~Emma

cool! i so agree on 1200 calories i was snacking all times of the night bc id literally wake up starving. ive also noticed tht if i dont get enuff protein i tend to eat watevers in sight!
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 150, do I count??? :flowerforyou: LOL I used to eat 1200 a day but have stalled and the lightbulb went off for me that my body was starving, now I eat 16-1800 a day workout 5-6 days a week, training for a 5k, I love dance and Zumba< it rules! xD lol yay! :laugh: Feel free to add! :D
  • gigishiree
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 150, do I count??? :flowerforyou: LOL I used to eat 1200 a day but have stalled and the lightbulb went off for me that my body was starving, now I eat 16-1800 a day workout 5-6 days a week, training for a 5k, I love dance and Zumba< it rules! xD lol yay! :laugh: Feel free to add! :D

welcome!
  • onanoko
    onanoko Posts: 18
    Options
    We've got very similar stats. I'm 5'6, 164 pounds, looking to lose about 20 pounds and get a lot more definition. I've just started lifting (using Stronglifts program). My daily goal is 1715 cals, I've just increased it about a week ago. Before that I was on 1300, so I'm interested to see what the difference will be. I'm looking for friends on here with similar goals as well.
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

5'4" - 159lbs
    Calorie intake - 1490/day - I just raised it from 1200 because I was hungry and grumpy.

Been doing 30 Day Shred 4/week
    Yoga 1/week
    And usually add some Eliptical or Zumba on the Wii 3/week before or after 30DS
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 170. I'm more concerned with losing body fat than scale weight, trying to go from size 12 to size 8. I've been eating at maintenance (~2300), but I'll drop to 1900 in a couple of weeks when I start another cut. My routine includes heavy lifting, circuit/interval training, random cardio, and a daily yoga practice.
  • SlidingDown
    SlidingDown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to make friends who are in the same boat.
    I'm 5'8", currently 75 kg (165 lbs) and 33.4% Body Fat (screams)
    Aiming for 65 kg (143 lbs) and hopefully 24% Body Fat.

I was working on a 1400 cal/day net goal, however I read this post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map and followed the links, and it looks like that might be too low, and the suggestion is more around 1600 a day
    I'm scared though, to increase it hahaha. So now I'm working on a compromise, I will allow myself to go up to 1500 (but I haven't yet upped my MFP goal) without stressing about it, but focussing more on getting my carbs under control and increasing my protein. I just can't bring myself to go all the way to 1600, I will see if the scales start to move when I'm around 1500 and then decide :)

Will add you, if that's ok.
  • gigishiree
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 170. I'm more concerned with losing body fat than scale weight, trying to go from size 12 to size 8. I've been eating at maintenance (~2300), but I'll drop to 1900 in a couple of weeks when I start another cut. My routine includes heavy lifting, circuit/interval training, random cardio, and a daily yoga practice.

hey we're fitness twins. my goals and stats are the same as yours.....except i dont do yoga.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My stats:

5'11
    CW: 155
    GW: 157
    SW: 190

I don't eat like a rabbit - I average between 1600-1900 calories a day. I'm at maintanence, but I've been losing a bit each week, I probably will until my body regulates.

I am doing C25k because I want to be a runner. On off nights I use the elliptical at my apartment gym and lift as heavy as I can, getting stronger every day. I take 1-2 days off a week. Right now I'm concentrating on running and reducing body fat. I'm right now around 22%. I'd eventually like to be 20%.
  • rjams
    rjams Posts: 48
    Options
    STATS
    5'9 165 lbs currently a size 10-12
    goal weight is about 150-145 lbs
    measurements: 36-30-42

ROUTINE
    Run 3-6 miles Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
    Swim 30 minutes Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays
    CrossFit workouts Monday-Friday, sometimes saturday

DIET
    I eat around 1400-1600 calories a day.

I started my weight loss battle last summer and lost the first 20 lbs in a month and a half. Then school came around and I gained 5 lbs back, but I am trying to lose more this summer and overall improve my fitness. Increase my 3 mile time and be able to do several pull ups!

Feel free to add me :)