Alright already! I'll get an HRM!

You wonderful MFPers have convinced me to invest in an HRM. My question is which brand? I need to stay on the cheaper end of the HRM spectrum, but I also at least need the chest strap, calories burnt counter, and for it to be waterproof. Any suggestions? I found a Pyle Sports Heart Rate Monitor Watch on Amazon that is within my price range. Any thoughts on that brand in particular? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• simbatabby
    simbatabby Posts: 35
    Hello, I have just purchased the Polar FT7 from Amazon and I love it, does everything you wish it to do
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and it meets everything you mentioned...and it really wasn't that expensive. The FT7 is a little higher, but also has a lot more bells and whistles.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Depends on why you want "waterproof". Be aware that most of the HRMs are water-resistant/ waterproof, but that doesn't mean you can go swimming in them. If you want one to wear swimming, you're looking at a higher price range
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    The Polar FT4 is able to be used while swimming. You just can't push the buttons on the watch while it is under water.
  • My advice is to go with polar then. Polar products r "water resistant" meaning u can use them n the water but b sure not to press buttons while under water.