Whoo hoo

Options
I had my second weight in today in Curves and i have lost my first stone and a total of 13.75 inches lost overall . :laugh: It has taken me three months but thanks to the support and advise from this site and the great people on it I am on my way to the weight i want to be. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how many pounds a stone is? I have always wondered!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Way to go keep it up!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! :drinker:

14 pounds = 1 stone :flowerforyou:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks! I read a lot of British books and have always wondered.
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    I remember watching this documentary on BBCA last year called 'Super Skinny Me'. It was a very interesting show, but hard to translate into American sizes b/c they kept referring to their weight in stones and the clothing sizes are different. I think a UK 12 is a US 8? Does anyone else know if that's right?

Talking about clothing sizes, did anyone know that a current size 2 used to be a size 12 in the 1940's? Interesting how we keep changing it to make ourselves feel better. :wink: We should just do what men do and go by measurements.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options

Talking about clothing sizes, did anyone know that a current size 2 used to be a size 12 in the 1940's? Interesting how we keep changing it to make ourselves feel better. :wink: We should just do what men do and go by measurements.

I know! I swear even sizes from 10 years ago aren't the same because there is no way I'd fit into a 12 ten years ago at the weight I am now. I'm all for just going by measurements. It actually might help women lose weight because the numbers are bigger. I know I'd freak out if I was in a size 40 pant, lol.
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    I have this pair of pants that I'm trying to fit into for an outing with my husband's company this summer. I bought them from Express about six or seven years ago and they are a size 3/4. I don't know how much they have changed their clothing sizes in the past few years, but I swear they'd be a 0 in today's standards. I haven't been able to fit into them in about five years. :laugh:
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    I get totally confused when i hear shows talk about US size. I agree with pelelovesme1011 and jjohnson0882 it would be easier to go by measurements and i think women would be more likely to lose some of that weight we all strife to try shed. :laugh: