Looking for some accountability and motivation

Options
I'm a 25 year old Mom to a 1 year old. I'm struggling to lose my baby weight; if I can even blame it on that. I've struggled with my weight for the past 10 years and have been all over the scale. I've recently gained 25 lbs and right now I'm just focused on losing that. My overall goal is to loose about 85 lbs.
I am doing so much better with my diet including smaller portions and an overall better balanced diet. I workout about 8-12 hours a week. I take spin class 5 days a week, and I usually fill the other 5 or so hours with swimming laps, weight training, kickboxing class, aerobic classes, or home workout videos.
For the past 3 weeks I haven't seen much of a change, but I'm not gonna quit. I would love any kind of support you wanna give!!
Hope I can find some workout buddies :)

Replies

• mhounsell
    mhounsell Posts: 11
    Options
    The 1st step is being here and looking for motivation....you can do it....
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends list. I'm not much of an expert but I do lend a helping, supportive hand!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Added, any and all can feel free to do the same! XOXO
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)
  • toyhunting
    toyhunting Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job "scwmom" on the exercising! Keep it up and you should see a change. You may not be losing pounds at first, but with exercise you can reshape your body and lose inches.

Tina
  • lsan1125
    lsan1125 Posts: 20
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well...

I've been exercising more and eating healthy and drinking plenty of water for the past 5 weeks. I have yet to see the scale move very much (2 lbs). If I didn't have the support from my friends at MFP I don't think I would have been capable of continuing on with this. Every little bit helps and don't completely rely on the scale. take measurements and remember that you may also be building muscle and that weighs more than fat...so keep up the good work and we're all here to help and support you.
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Sounds like you're moving in the right direction.
    Please feel free to add me if you like!!
  • jennywl45
    jennywl45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting and I'm also looking for some accountability and motivation. I'm 27 and am 150 pds..... I would like to be 130 pds. I don't have much support from family or friends. In fact I think my older sister is happy that I weigh more than her and will NOT be seeking support form her! I hope I can do this!!!
  • Nutrition1975
    Nutrition1975 Posts: 111
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I do home based workouts Turbo Fire and Insanity and also an a Bikram yoga lover - you can do it!!!
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to change up your routine a little bit?