heart rate monitors?

Options
hi, im wanting to get a heart rate monitor but not sure what kind to get. what kind would you guys recommend and why? :smile:

Replies

• nindeglio
    nindeglio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any of the Polar models will do the trick...reasonably priced and a decent calorie function as well...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just received the Polar FT4 set... awesome purple watch - mind you, its really really light!!!! Its almost as if Im not wearing it at all. The chest strap is actually comfortable too...

Monday is back to the gym for me and I cant wait to put it to work!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you are doing, if you are running and want to track distance, you might want to get one withe the gps tracker included. I have a Polar, for general fitness and I love it, it was 99 bucks.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Some HRMs have contacts on the case that you touch with your fingers to get a reading. No chest strap required but you also don't have continuous heart rate info. Other models have a chest strap that provides continuous information to be viewed on the wristwatch unit. I would recommend the Polar chest strap models if you only need the HRM features. Read the features closely. Some models are very basic and others will have target zone training and alarms to tell you when you are out of your selected zone. There are also HRMs that include a GPS tracker. Most people don't care to have that but if you need that added feature Garmin is the way to go.
  • Polar is the leader in heart rate monitors, pretty user friendly and reasonably priced. Garmin has all the bells and whistles for those that r serious and will do a lot of races or triathlons, but way more expensive. My new favorite is the digifit components. They r as cheap as polar products but have all the features tht u will find in the high priced Garmins. It's also the most user friendly of them all. The only down fall is its new technology, so every once and a while, when they do updates on the software, you will have little kinks. I own all of them but personally love digifit the most now