Has anyone worn their HRM ....

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
for swimming? I have a Polar ft4 and going swimming tomorrow with the kids but not sure about wearing it. I spend most the time in the baby pool and maybe about 15 minutes real swimming so would like to see what I do burn but worried about wearing it in the pool.

PS how many of you were thinking other things?

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I wear mine for water aerobics, it is the FT4 also. You can wear it in the pool, just don't push any buttons in the water. Have fun!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I wear my FT7 swimming all the time (they are waterproof to 20 or 30 feet). It seems to be just fine - I do try to wash it soon afterwards though because of all the chlorine in the pool.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I read the manual, after reading a lot of people talking about swimming with theirs on here, and it says you can wear it swimming, but not to push any buttons while it is under water. If you have questions, look up the manual online.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I wear mine in the pool , just once you turn it on and hit go, dont touch any buttons while swimming or underwater, when you are done, dry it off lightly first when you wish to turn it off. I have had no issues with this and used it all last summer and plan to use mine again this summer, enjoy! Also rinse it real good also after and wash it once a week in wash machine in a garment bag.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes and I have the ft6. Sometimes I just play with my daughter (4 yrs old, no baby pool) by racing across the pool or she sits on a pool noodle and I'll drag her around. Then sometimes I actually swim laps. So far so good.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've worn my Garmin 310XT in the pool, but it's made for triathlons. Doesn't work so hot for distance in an indoor pool b/c it kept losing satellite reception, but the HRM function works just fine.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options
    Thanks everyone will wear it tomorrow and see how I go.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Oh and yes, I was thinking of other things. Have thought about wearing it for "extracurricular" activities, but haven't actually done it (yet).
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options
    Oh and yes, I was thinking of other things. Have thought about wearing it for "extracurricular" activities, but haven't actually done it (yet).

I did tease the hubby saying I was going to wear for extra curricular activities but wondered what I would log it under.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I haven't, as I haven't been swimming in years. However, I'm pretty sure the documents that came with my FT4 said it's fine to swim with.