Why are so many after pics blonde?

HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
Just a trend I've noticed. There are tons of before/after pics where the before pics, the people have dark hair and then the after pics, they've gone blonde. Why does everyone feel the need to lighten their hair when they lose weight?
I'm not trying to criticize, I am honestly curious.

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    No idea... I've made it to my goal and stayed a brunette.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    i've also noticed that people get hair cuts that tend to be real different from the before pictures too. like their hair is way longer now or cut short in addition to the colour changes. i think it just feels so good to get the weight off and you feel like a new person and you want to splurge on yourself a bit- get a nice hair cut and colour, some new clothes, maybe a new colour for the nails. to celebrate you. personally i grew my hair out while i have been losing.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Well I guess when people make it to goal, they've already completely transformed their bodies, so go with the whole makeover?
    I dunno... I'm already blonde so guess I'll have to go lighter? lol
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 644 Member
    This perfectly describes me! I had brunette hair and when I reached my goal weight I went blonde!! Honestly I did it though because I wanted a new look to go with my new body ♥
  • I don't know. I've wondered the same thing. I'm staying with my dark hair. I think it suits me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Women are always changing their hair. It's one of the many fun things about being a woman. Maybe it has nothing to do with the weight loss.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I went the opposite way. Went from light brown to black. Maybe they always wanted to be blonde but didn't have the confidence before. Maybe they are naturally blonde and had their hair dyed darker before. Maybe they change their hair color all the time and it just happened to work out that way.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I don't know why people go blonde, but I'm doing mine silver when I'm at goal. I'll be happier with the attention :)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I can assure you that I will never go blonde.

That is a promise.

I would look AWFUL as a blonde
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    lol @ dollipop

I guess I can understand the whole body makeover thing. I have dyed my hair so many times and so many colors(some crazy colors too!), but never wanted to go lighter than my natrual brown. I keep my natural color now. Once in a great while I will get bored any go dark red for a little bit, but I always end up perferring my natural color.

But I guess when you lose the weight you can get away with shorter and lighter hair a bit easier.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    I'm the opposite. My hair is natural blonde. I changed it dark. However I always go back to my blonde.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    That's because blondes > *
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I started as a redhead, and I'm still a redhead.

Reddish brownish, really.

That being said, people like a change when they've put in a lot of work to change their bodies. Highlights are a simple way to make a dramatic change.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,179 Member
    I'm going to start keeping an eye out for all these "new" blondes. I guess I haven't noticed them.

I wouldn't go blonde at my goal. I'd look like a ghost if I did.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Most people who lose a drastic amount of weight also undergo makeovers as a part of their new image. Statistically, there are far more natural brunettes than natural blondes, so the most drastic change for most would include going blonde.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Sloots gonna sloot.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    I was a fat blonde, now I'm a skinnier blonde.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    I've heard for some people that they want to distance themselves as much as possible from the person they used to be.

Personally though, I've had my hair just about every possible colour (natural and otherwise), so it'll be pretty hard to disassociate my new self from my old self, whenever I do reach my goal.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    I can assure you that I will never go blonde.

That is a promise.

I would look AWFUL as a blonde

I am agreeing w/her
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I think most people feel like they've changed a lot on the outside, and they want a new identity to go with their new feelings. An obvious change would be going blonde, since it's the noticeable opposite of brunette.

I'm a ginger, though, and never bothered worry about changing my hair color. Actually, if I did, no one would be able to find me in a crowd anymore, or make jokes about freckles and sunburns. I'd just feel like I'd be a traitor to the Ginger Club if I went to any other color, and I'm sure I'd have the ginger police all over me.

And trust me, those mother effers are people you don't want to mess with..