What are your Summer goals?

Options

Replies

• LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    I want to successfully rep a 5X5 300 lb squat, rep a 300+ lb dead lift, and bench 250lbs for 5X5 before the new year. I've got a busy summer coming up, as my work involves fighting forest fires which means my lifting may suffer due to being stuck in the middle of nowhere from time to time, but I'm gonna give it everything I've got! (my current is 245 squat 5X5, 245 deadlift 1x5, and 195lb bench 5X5.)
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    To get to 145...CW is 163....a total of 18 pounds to lose by end of August.
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To get lose 35 pounds by the time my kids start back to school is August! I have alot to lose so I know that its not impossible!
  • mnjburdette
    Options
    I think this is a totally do able goal....my goal is to be down to 130 by the end of summer...
  • SunburNDA
    SunburNDA Posts: 23
    Options
    My fitness goals for this summer are...

1) Get down to 165 lbs. (~12 more lbs. to go)
    2) Be able to run a 5k
    3) Be able to do 100 push ups
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Lose at least 30 pounds by August 21 (Teacher Workshop begins!)
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    bikini! and run a 5K
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know what mine are!
    From June to August I AM going to lose 40lbs. Thats a total of about 12 weeks and 3.3-4 lbs a week loss. Everyone says its impossible, but I want to challenge that. :wink:

What are yours?

I'm confused...why do you want to lose 40 when your ticker says you only have 23 left to go??
  • kjmarks11
    kjmarks11 Posts: 19
    Options
    20 year class reunion in July! Want to look better than I did 20 years ago! Lose a few more pounds (down 17 since Jan) and have a body that will rock a strappy black dress!
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    To be able to wear some goddamn shorts or a skirt.
    Where having a heat wave down here in England and it really sucks having to wear trousers as im too embarrassed to get out my legs. =/
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My end of summer goal, is to be in ONEderland by Sept long weekend. That's 25lbs to lose somewhere along the way. The first 30 days after joining MFP I lost 10lbs easy. Now it's a struggle this past week to even remain steady (scale is up, but my water intake has been low, so could be just retention?).

So that's 25lb to lose in 12-14wks. Doable, yes. Probable, not sure. But that's my goal.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    I am going to lose 15 pounds by August 20th :) this will get me under the 200's so EXCITED
  • deucemon69
    deucemon69 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Have my body fat be lower than 20% and start training for a marathon
    8649702.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    15 lbs!!!!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    Lose ten percent of my current body weight in two months. If I can achieve that - then I will reset a new goal - I have a significant amount of weight to lose, and it seems staggering to look at that big number. I will take baby steps and attempt to create some really great new habits to replace the old. As the heat climbs, I will have to find other, cooler ways, to exercise.
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    great question!
    by the end of summer, i hope to ..
    - weigh between 150-153lbs
    - fit into a size 6
    - build more lean muscle
    - donate all my size 12/14 clothes that I don't plan on EVER wearing again!
    - not fitness related, but just as important: start studying for the GMAT!
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    looks like you have done a great job so far!!!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It would be awesome to be under 200 pounds by the end of summer, but since I'm not focusing on the scale, but instead on strength, how I feel, how clothes feel, confidence/energy my goals would be:

a) to be at least one pant size down,
    b) be able to squat three quarters of my current body weight at 3 sets of 8 reps (not an imposible goal, but it will take some work since it's about double where I'm at currently, although I'm only working with 3 sets of 10 at the moment and slightly babying my back),
    c) be able to bench press more (and show it off to the significant other *wink*),
    d) up my max push ups per set, and e) find more time to prep things for the week.
  • palmalama
    palmalama Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to be able to run for at least 5k by august and have dropped two dress sizes so i have an excuse for a new wardrobe!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lose 9lbs.

Ride my mountain bike once a week at least.

Squat 135lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!