ANY LOW CARB EATERS OUT THERE?

Options
dnsrmr
dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
Hi, I'm looking for Low Carb eaters who will Friend me so we can work on weight loss together.
I have a stomach (or maybe it's all in my head) that gets sick everytime I eat foods high in carbs.
Even if I eat healthy low glycemic foods, it's the same.
I've been checked for everything under the sun, and the only way I lose weight and feel good is by staying on low carb foods like the Atkins Induction.
Please friend me with LOW CARB EATER so I'll know or reply to this.
Thx in advance and good luck with your goals.

:flowerforyou: ~Dee

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Have you considered getting wheat completely out of your diet? It made a huge difference for me and now whenever I have anything with some I get the bloating and upset stomach etc so I know I'm sensitive to it!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Check out the low carb groups there is a lot of us.
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 40-30-30. My carb choices are majority gluten free choices. I find this really helps my tummy. If I do go for a carb load, I pay for it the next day..... big time!
    Feel free to add me.
  • 2gabbee
    Options
    Your welcome to add me if you like. I'm learning as I go. Gluten I have found is a problem for me. Not doing a specific plan however using bits of Atkins & South Beach. Go to community tab, then group tab blue tool bars. Once under groups, search enter for all that are available or create your own. Search by state for others near you. For low carber forum add that to search. the group I belong to. Or in search just add low carb for access to info.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey! I'm also doing low carb, currently on Atkins Induction. Feel free to add me :-)
  • YourDemise
    YourDemise Posts: 22
    Options
    keto dieter at your service.
  • 2gabbee
    Options
    Correction the group is Low Carber Daily Forum. I belong to over 1000 of us!!! Check it out!
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    No. 1. you need carbs for energy. You use carbs for energy before you use anything else and 2. one can't go forever without carbs and it is too hard to work them back into the diet without gaining your lost weight back. I will NEVER go on a low carb diet.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I am low carbing again. Love it:)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Me! And yes I do notice a difference. If I eat oatmeal or something like that for breakfast, I feel hungry 2 hours later, but eggs and spinach or something like that and I am good for 3+ hours. It's also a thyroid thing, though.

I do not do ATkins, I still eat lean as much as possible (except I do eat egg yolks), and omega/ and good fats.

I do carbs, but I just don't combine them with my fats/ proteins, the 30 30, 40 stuff doesn't work for me, I do food combining.

So for breakfast, oatmeal with hazelnut milk or a fruit smoothie
    and then snacks are raw almonds, boiled eggs, etc. or applesauce/apple
    lunch salad with chicken
    dinner chicken, egg, avocado, etcc.

so I do eat fruit carbs, and oatmeal and sometimes some brown rice toast or something like that (I'm gluten- and dairy-free as well).

You can add me as a friend if you like
  • djf23
    djf23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    im starting low carb diet....cant wait for results :smile:

add me...i need some motivating friends ;)
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    Check out the low carb groups there is a lot of us.

this :smile:

Ive been on Atkins for 16 weeks and lost 34lbs, add me if you want to
  • Saanali
    Saanali Posts: 1
    Options
    try Paleo! I think its better than Aktins. More veggies!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    try Paleo! I think its better than Aktins. More veggies!

will google it now, never heard of it to be honest, but thanks :smile:
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    I just had a quick browse, the theory is the same. Im happy doing my own foods though, and ive been in Ketosis since i started, only coming out of it once after a heavy weekend of drinking.

But thanks anyway :smile:
  • atiredsmile
    Options
    Hello,

I just started the keto diet last friday.

I've been on a dirty bulk for about a year now while powerlifting, so I felt it was finally time to cut.

Curious to see when the keto flu will hit me. :ohwell:
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    All calories give you energy.
  • sal82
    sal82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Any one can add me. I'm reducing carbs but still eat fruit and veggies and some dairy. I'm trying to stay around 100g net a day but I still have splurge weekends. They slow down my progess but I'm happier living my life and I stick to it this way :)
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've chosen to follow my carbs allowance, or even eat under due to me being menopausal, doc says it can hold water more, so I have been doing that and it tends to be working so far...................I too get bloated if I eat too many of them, so I tend to eat my allowance [if I can] of protein as this fills me up for longer x
  • poshmonkey
    poshmonkey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also low carb (on atkins). I sent you a request - anyone who'd like can add me as well :)