Odd/funny things you see at the gym

Options

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I teach at the YMCA, but I also teach at a *boutique* gym. Some of the members are a little less serious about working out, and and a little more concerned with looking cute while they're there. Someone actually stopped in the middle of my class the other day and walked over to the mirror to apply lipstick. Not chapstick. Lipstick. Then she came back and continued to work out.

I was a little flummoxed. :/
  • Ericia277
    Ericia277 Posts: 10
    Options
    The guy who looks in the mirror and lifts up his shirt.. Flexing and blowing kisses at himself.. Luv it makes me laugh every time
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

haha.... I'd be laughing harder if I didn't see most of this every time I'm in the gym.

Hahaha thats funny
  • DaleArden
    DaleArden Posts: 26
    Options
    Plenty of jeans wearers at my gym, mostly much older men who potter around the walking/running track or pootle along on one of the stationary bikes.

I'm always impressed, though, with one particular man who sets his treadmill really fast, stands with his legs astride the belt, then leaps--literally two feet in the air---before coming down on the treadmill at a sprint. I've seen him do this a couple of times now, it's both scary and impressive.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I teach at the YMCA, but I also teach at a *boutique* gym. Some of the members are a little less serious about working out, and and a little more concerned with looking cute while they're there. Someone actually stopped in the middle of my class the other day and walked over to the mirror to apply lipstick. Not chapstick. Lipstick. Then she came back and continued to work out.

I was a little flummoxed. :/

i have a friend like this! lol. she asked me if she could come meet me at the gym so we could work out together and she came with full make up and was wearing hoop earrings! i was like wtf?! hahaha! i told her to take the earrings off if she wants to train with me but she sure kept stopping to go to the bathroom to check her makeup and apply lip gloss. too funny!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options

I love the show off hehe
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At the gym I went to last year there were these girls who'd come to the gym with their makeup and hair done, usually wearing flip flops and jean shorts. They'd walk on the treadmill and talk to each other. This one time they kept switching treadmills every minute or two...? O_o there were three of them, and one would be like, "I don't like this treadmill", and so she'd switch with one of the other girls. I was jogging on my treadmill and they kept giving me weird looks, lol :laugh:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've seen the jean wear-ers.. and the this chick one time wearing platform flip flops, sweat pants and a cut off shirt.

I think the best though was at my gym, there was this guy who would workout in his boxer shorts.. and they would be pulled up over his tee-shirt so "things" were almost hanging out. All the trainers in my gym wanted to buy a pair of shorts for him.. but I haven't seen him in a while now.

I also had a guy literally stalk me for the only pair of 15 pound dumbbells in the gym yesterday... like I was doing my thing and he was standing in the doorway watching until I was done. I was like, I promise.. I won't go anywhere nor will I give them away!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy the other day lifting with gardening gloves o_O

people making weird exercises. I have so many weird stuff I don't even know were to begin.
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options

haha.... I'd be laughing harder if I didn't see most of this every time I'm in the gym.

Hahaha thats funny

"Gorilla blood. At night. Before bed. With protein powder...." nice....
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The lone girl standing in the middle of a bunch of guys working out trying hard to be noticed. She fixes her hair in the mirror then pretends to lift 20 lbs, stands up and looks around to see if anyone noticed.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    but do you ever dare say anything to someone?

I've done a lot of rowing [crew] and see some awful erg technique, but there's no way to offer help to someone without sounding like a ****...
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    seen one guy working out in sunglasses
    one girl come in use the bike for 10 minutes and leave
    another guy working out and drinking pepsi

and this was just Friday/Saturday smh
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Someone reading a kindle, while leisurely strolling on the indoor track at the gym. Just couldn't understand this!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy using 10kg (22lbs) on the leg press, catching air as he pushed the seat back and then pulling himself back to it from the handles. When I asked him to let me know when he'd be done, he said 'yeah', got up and wandered out of the gym swearing at himself.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy the other day lifting with gardening gloves o_O

A lot of guys do this because gym gloves cost so much/aren't as tough :)
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    OH man, it sounds like me and the OP have the same people at our gym.. well my former gym. One time I was working out hard at the Y.. I was on the treadmill and out of the corner of my eye I see someone getting on the treadmill next to me. When I got a good look at him I almost fell off the machine. Yes, I almost fell off. He was wearing... loafers, jeans, and a LEATHER jacket. Mind you it was probably 70 outside, and not much cooler inside. I was like :noway: and wanted to ask WTF are you wearing??!! But I composed myself and kept at what I was doing.

Another time, I saw an older gentleman wearing shorts so short I almost saw somethings I would rather not see. I gave this man credit tho, he was on an elliptical going at it really hard.. but then he was doing stretches right in front of me (when there was plenty of free space...away from the treadmills and other cardio equipment) and it freaked me out so I went to do some strength training. :frown: which was ok, until a bit later when he was still there with his inappropriate shorts lol

So glad I go to a much quieter gym now that I'm usually alone at based upon the time I go (10pm)...

Keep in mind folks, there are just some things you can't un-see.. so be careful out there !!

Edit to fix poor grammar... induced by thinking about the traumatic things I saw LOL
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I saw this guy working out with his sunglasses on and another guy with his backpack on - lol
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he had rocks or weights in his backpack.....to strengthen his back. Not a bad idea, lol