Eating Out for Work

Options
Oy vey! Tomorrow will be my sixth day on MyFitnessPal, and so far I'm staying on track. But tomorrow there's a work function - a Gospel Brunch - at the House of Blues. I just looked at the menu, and there are some healthy choices. But there are also some really tempting choices! Here's hoping I don't go off the reservation!

Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from with that. LOL. Try to be strong and get the healthier choice, but if you cant just eat half and pack the rest up for a meal later. But be strong, I know it is hard, that happened to me also
  • tllanes
    tllanes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try to be strong and get the healthier choice, but if you cant just eat half and pack the rest up for a meal later.

That is excellent advice. I need to remember that perfection isn't the goal, but doing the best we can. Right? THANKS!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Try to be strong and get the healthier choice, but if you cant just eat half and pack the rest up for a meal later.

That is excellent advice. I need to remember that perfection isn't the goal, but doing the best we can. Right? THANKS!

Yes. Exactly. Even if you make poor choices, don't let it keep you from continuing to be mindful about your eating and log things. It's one day. If you really go off the rails, maybe schedule an extra workout or eat more cleanly the rest of the week. It's difficult but this is not an all or nothing proposition.
  • tllanes
    tllanes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. My downfall in the past has been to give in as soon as I go off-track, and I SO do not want to do that to myself again. You guys are giving great, supportive advice. I appreciate it! :)