I put spinach in my smoothie.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Do you folks use baby spinach or regular?

I use baby spinach but I don't think it matters.

Baby Spinach...mixes better..
  • lcroftraider31
    Options
    Can you taste the beet on this recipe?Not really a big fan of it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your recipe!

I love our smoothies but I can't eat something that looks like..processed spinach so I just eat spinach in my salads instead. It's much more appetizing.

Once in a while we add a 25 calorie hot chocolate packet to fruit smoothies. It tastes better than ice cream!

We also use the nonfat, no sugar Greek Yogurt and don't use sugar but ripe bananas instead. Not that we fear sugar or sweeteners! We just prefer the taste of the ripe bananas. I buy them in bulk, let them ripen, peel, slice and put the chunks on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze them solid and place them in ziploc bags. Then we toss them in the smoothie machine with the other frozen fruit. Yummy!
  • Lauraeb32
    Lauraeb32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anybody use wheatgrass anymore? Is there any benefit to it?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I was going to try this before but wanted to know if the blender chops it up enough that you don't have chunks in there??? Silly question but I have never used spinach in a blender before....

ETA: Would it taste good in a protein shake??
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    I was going to try this before but wanted to know if the blender chops it up enough that you don't have chunks in there??? Silly question but I have never used spinach in a blender before....

ETA: Would it taste good in a protein shake??
    I tried it in my protein shake last night! It was the most awful color but I didn't taste it at all! My little single serve blender chopped it up very well! I could see the flecks of spinach but like I said in my post, I had to just avert my eyes and enjoy the shake...and the satisfaction of knowing I was doing a great job of getting in another serving of veggies. :smile:
  • Asil02
    Options
    I put a handful of baby spinach in my smoothies too...I have been doing that for around 2 years....everyone I tell thinks it must taste nasty...It doesn't

I drink this EVERY morning...I put in my blender:

Spinach - Raw, 1 cup
    Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 4 oz
    Skippy - Peanut Butter - Natural Creamy, 2 TBS
    Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 40 g
    Hood - Calorie Countdown-2% Chocolate Milk, 8 ounces
    3 Ice cubes
    That sounds pretty danged delicious! I will have to give it a go!
  • Asil02
    Options
    Anybody use wheatgrass anymore? Is there any benefit to it?
    Good question....
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump...... will have to give these a try, can't wait :happy:
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my spinach smoothies! I seriously have to take one to school with me every day! The students reactions are the best.... especially when they see the color! haha I did get one to taste it one day and he said it was really good too!

ETA: Almond Milk, Baby Spinach, Frozen Peaches, Frozen Blueberries = YUM!