Healthy Eating Challenge (June)

Options
I have a really hard time eating properly. I'm addicted to sweets. I figured I would start a challenge to help motivate myself and others to stay on the right track with our eating.

The challenge will begin on **June 1**. Everyone starts with 100 points and while you can’t gain points, you lose points if you eat anything from the not recommended list. Your goal therefore is to keep as much of the 100 points as you can.

This is my first Diet challenge so if you have recommendations before we start, please post them here. I’m posting this early so that we can deal with all the constructive criticisms now and also plan our shopping list and do the shopping of course.

You will download the following file which contains a list of foods. The foods are arranged in levels. You want to eat, as much as possible, foods from the top 2 levels. If you eat from the lower levels, you would subtract the required points from your current points. If you can’t find something on the list, just post it here and we’ll decide what level it should be in.

At the end of the day (or whenever is most appropriate for you), you would post your points here. You MUST post your points at the end of each week since this is a weekly challenge so we can see how each of us did. The points will be reset at the beginning of each week.

I’m hoping this challenge will force me to stay on the right path to good health. Please join me will you. Anyone?

File: http://www.filedropper.com/fooditems

Replies

• mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm also a refined sugar/carbs addict. I'll play ;-)
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm down. I have a trip coming up in August that's really important to me (ie. lots of pictures to be taken) So I'm going hard t in June (& July!)!!!
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Count me in! One suggestion I have is to make this a group, and not a discussion board. I don't want it to get lost in the mix of all the posts.

I'm excited for this! Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love this idea. I think it will work to put it on a google doc - that way we can all log in our points there?

Just a thought.

Count me in.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

I’m hoping this challenge will force me to stay on the right path to good health. Please join me will you. Anyone?

Hello from Chicago!
    Is there another way to get the food items? Seems like we have to download a program, sign up & there is a fee after the 7-day free trial.
  • ebonijo2
    ebonijo2 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, but won't download the file from that site.
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Having a terrible binge, so i'll play!
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Count me in! One suggestion I have is to make this a group, and not a discussion board. I don't want it to get lost in the mix of all the posts.

I'm excited for this! Feel free to add me as a friend
    I will definitely make this a group as soon as it gets closer to the date and all interested persons have signed up.
    Love this idea. I think it will work to put it on a google doc - that way we can all log in our points there?

Just a thought.

Count me in.
    LOVE the google doc idea. Except that I tried this one time with another challenge and some persons preferred to post on the board. So I guess I'll offer the option of both.
    Hello from Chicago!
    Is there another way to get the food items? Seems like we have to download a program, sign up & there is a fee after the 7-day free trial.
    Really? Darn it! I thought it was free! Does anyone know of any FREE places I can upload a file and link to it?
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Iam gain! add me:smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Hello from Chicago!
    I was excited about joining up on this challenge but checked out the link and downloading anything without knowing anything about the site or knowing you personally. No offense but there are folks that jump on groups to raise havoc and either push their advertisements or dump malware etc. etc.

Like the challenge idea, but not the way it stands now..:noway: Just sounds a bit funny to me that we all have to sign up and THEN we can do a Google doc??? Something doesn't sound right here..:embarassed:
  • jamaicanlady
    Options

Hello from Chicago!
    I was excited about joining up on this challenge but checked out the link and downloading anything without knowing anything about the site or knowing you personally. No offense but there are folks that jump on groups to raise havoc and either push their advertisements or dump malware etc. etc.

Like the challenge idea, but not the way it stands now..:noway: Just sounds a bit funny to me that we all have to sign up and THEN we can do a Google doc??? Something doesn't sound right here..:embarassed:

I can understand you being wary. But if you scroll up further you'll see where I said I didn't know you had to sign up to download the file. I didn't even have to sign up to upload it. I searched for a FREE site that would allow persons to upload files and then link to them. The file I have uploaded is a .docx (Windows 2007) file that I spent time typing up with the food items. I promise everyone that it is not a virus or anything like that. If you know of any other trustworthy site I can use I will be more than happy to.

And I think you misunderstand about the google doc. I didn't even plan on doing it in the first place, someone else requested it. If I still have not convinced you, I'm sorry but there is nothing else I can do.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey I also have a trip coming up in August so I'm in! I actually already started a program from the beginning of May which will continue through June and July but this should help as well :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Hello from Chicago!

I can understand you being wary. But if you scroll up further you'll see where I said I didn't know you had to sign up to download the file. I didn't even have to sign up to upload it. I searched for a FREE site that would allow persons to upload files and then link to them. The file I have uploaded is a .docx (Windows 2007) file that I spent time typing up with the food items. I promise everyone that it is not a virus or anything like that. If you know of any other trustworthy site I can use I will be more than happy to.

And I think you misunderstand about the google doc. I didn't even plan on doing it in the first place, someone else requested it. If I still have not convinced you, I'm sorry but there is nothing else I can do.
    :flowerforyou:
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you put it as a google doc, put the link here, and keep it public, we should be able to access it....

Lmk if you need help. If you email it to me, I can get that done...
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    I have started a group for this challenge. It can be found at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5832-healthy-eating-challenge

Can't wait to get started!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago!
    Thank you for starting this group. It's an interesting concept. Can't wait to start.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on having met your weight goal! How long did it take you to lose the weight, and did your plan include exercise?